23F, 5'4", reached my initial goal, ~75 lbs lost! Pics!

Options

Replies

• alycat06
    Options
    Congrats on your amazing success! We have similar height and SW and ultimate goals. So, it's very encouraging to see someone who has achieved those goals! I completed the C25K program last month, and I love to run now. Craziness! Good luck with your current goals and keep on!
  • wellnessbiddy247
    wellnessbiddy247 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    This is exactly what I needed to see. :) Thank you for posting this. I'm where you started - I'm currently 5'4 and 207lbs. My first goal weight is 140. It is amazing that you reached it in 11 months. That is SO inspiring. I know you said you did couch to 5K. What did your exercise routine look like other than that? Right now I don't exercise but I am trying to stick to 1200 calories. I'm hoping to add in something like couch to 5k soon!!!
  • kiykiy79
    kiykiy79 Posts: 177
    Options
    Incredible!!!! Bravo to you and congrats!!!
  • NegaAshley
    NegaAshley Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Great work! You look fantastic! (Both before and after.)
  • mq68
    mq68 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    good for you! thank you for the inspiration!
  • laurmacdougall
    laurmacdougall Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! You loook awesome.
  • maeganhaha
    maeganhaha Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    This is exactly what I needed to see. :) Thank you for posting this. I'm where you started - I'm currently 5'4 and 207lbs. My first goal weight is 140. It is amazing that you reached it in 11 months. That is SO inspiring. I know you said you did couch to 5K. What did your exercise routine look like other than that? Right now I don't exercise but I am trying to stick to 1200 calories. I'm hoping to add in something like couch to 5k soon!!!
    I'm so glad I could inspire you, you can do it! Before I did C25K, I went to my local Planet Fitness. Usually I would do 20-30 minutes of the elliptical, 10-20 minutes on the stationary bike, and then I would try the treadmill. When I first started, I could barely do the C25K regimen, even the beginning stages. So I found the elliptical to be a great way to "train" my lungs to get used to exercising so that running wasn't so terrible. Honestly I ended up doing the elliptical and then the treadmill in the end, slowly splitting them. So I started doing 30+ minutes of the elliptical and then ~10 minutes of running increments. Slowly the amount of time I spent on the elliptical shrunk and time on the treadmill grew, until now I usually run 3 miles a day and that's it! I also do the "30 Minute Express" workout at Planet Fitness for weight training, and it helps me burn some extra calories too. Congrats on your journey though and adding in C25K is awesome, and especially easy if you like to run outside! Good luck!
  • Jennkies
    Jennkies Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone - this is exactly what I needed to see and read about. Thank you for not only posting pictures, but for giving insight about the routines that helped you lose it. I especially am encouraged that you said weight loss is 80% food intake.
    That is a huge reason I keep falling short of my goals. I exercise 4 or 5 days a week, but I am not careful about my food intake
    Its time to kick it in the rear and get serious like you did. You look AMAZING and you are an INSPIRATION.
  • Elo99
    Elo99 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    This is so what I needed to see right now! Your stats are nearly identical to mine and you just provided me a boat load of much needed motivation to keep going after reaching my first mini goal of 170lbs.

You look amazing and again are an inspiration!!!
  • kiraleilani
    kiraleilani Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    AMAZING! Thank you, I've had a very rough week with the Halloween candy around the house. This post was what I needed to see RIGHT NOW to help me get back on track. Thank you soooo much! So inspirational, just in the nick of time :)
  • dr2k12
    dr2k12 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, awesome for you!
  • ChildrenCryinNCoffee
    Options
    So awesome! Congrats girlie--you look SO healthy and happy!! :0)
  • xxloveiswarr
    Options
    inspiring! wonderful progress!!!
  • catherineengmann
    Options
    Hello, thanks for sharing your weight-loss journey. You look amazing! Your story has certainly inspired me to keep going - I have been finding it so difficult to shift my excess weight but your story has shown me that with persistence and consistency, it will pay off. I have been eating around 1500 calories a day but reading your story, I probably need to go a little lower. I also started the C25k programme last week and love it. I actually look forward to my morning exercise.
  • phyllio77
    phyllio77 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    This makes me think of where I will be in a year....amazing journey you have been on!
  • goddessofsewing
    goddessofsewing Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    As with others, I really needed this today. We are the same height and same starting weight, I'm just almost a decade older and started several months later. :) It is so encouraging to see what you've done and know it is possible for me. It's giving me the inspiration I need to get myself back on track. Thank you, thank you!
  • StinkyWinkies
    StinkyWinkies Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    good job! Congrats! :flowerforyou:
  • sz8soon
    sz8soon Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Great job! Your results were well earned and amazing! Be proud Chica!
  • jordansilvia
    jordansilvia Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I was really excited to see this post because we have similar stats (height, weight, goal). It was really nice to finally see an example of what someone like me would actually look like at my goal weight. It's very inspiring! thanks!
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    Wow! That is my real initial goal too and my main is 127. I'm 5'4" and 22 years old. :] Thank you for the inspiration!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!