dare I ditch my bathroom scales??

Options
I have a tendency to be a scale-hopper and I've come to the realization that this habit is one of the things feeding my unhealthy attitude to food (starving and bingeing). Really what the scales say is just a number, it's how we feel inside our own skin, and ok - look in our clothes :) that matters right? So yes, thinking of getting rid of my scales at home and just getting weight once a week at the leisure centre. What do you think, yay or nay?

Replies

• amnsetie
    amnsetie Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Once a week is fine
    You could "loan" your scales to a friend and ask for them back if you find you miss them
  • finding_sammi
    Options
    Once a week is fine
    You could "loan" your scales to a friend and ask for them back if you find you miss them

neat idea!
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Do whatever will help you reach your goal!! I think it's a great idea. Scales are so over rated, its body fat that matters, and health of course ;-) Good luck x
  • katiew23
    katiew23 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm a scale hopper too everyday I'm gonna ditch mine, cause I'm annoying myself u have a great idea il join u
  • finding_sammi
    Options
    Do whatever will help you reach your goal!! I think it's a great idea. Scales are so over rated, its body fat that matters, and health of course ;-) Good luck x

thanks and you look amazing by the way!
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options

Thank you, thats really sweet of you, feel crappy because I had a rubbish past few days food wise so you don't know how much a nice compliment means to me this morning :flowerforyou:
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    i've been weighing on the drugstore scale every once in a while usually every 2-3 weeks, I think its better because you get a sense of achievement (or not hehe) as you see yourself loose a pound or two, rather than watching how much your poo weighs every day at home and feeling bad about it :)
  • finding_sammi
    Options

Thank you, thats really sweet of you, feel crappy because I had a rubbish past few days food wise so you don't know how much a nice compliment means to me this morning :flowerforyou:

aw you're welcome... and hope this week is better for you!
  • finding_sammi
    Options
    i've been weighing on the drugstore scale every once in a while usually every 2-3 weeks, I think its better because you get a sense of achievement (or not hehe) as you see yourself loose a pound or two, rather than watching how much your poo weighs every day at home and feeling bad about it :)

hahahahahaha good point!
  • mogletdeluxe
    mogletdeluxe Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I think the weekly-weigh in sounds like a great idea, as well as someone's suggestion to have a friend look after your scales for you.

I'm a serial scale-hopper too, and it gets to me more than it should. I want to be footloose and fancy free and not determined by a number on a scale, dammit, but I can't help it.

Go by your clothes, your measurements, your energy levels - all much friendlier bedpals than the scale.

All the best!
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    loan it out and measure at gym. Tell your friend the scale is on standby because I'd go nuts without it and I'm hoping the same for u......