missed period

Options
2»

Replies

• mjterp
    mjterp Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    There was a particular food service that every time I was in a situation to use them seemed to cause my period to be delayed. One of my colleges used them and a camp where I worked used them. Everytime I went from home food to their food my period would stop. (yeah...NO danger of being pregnant at those times. Camp nurse thought I was lying...)
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    If your body fat % drops below a certain level or you are under weight you will stop having a period. Here are a few articles on amenorrhea (no period).

http://sportsmedicine.about.com/od/women/a/Amenorrhea.htm

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20121006183344AAXMKaV

http://www.connecttoresearch.org/publications/8
  • jmzz1
    jmzz1 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    i never had regular periods but after eating iron rich food like beetroot , finger millet, lamb kidney and liver etc.... it has been regular .. so u might be simply anemic .. just try some iron rich food and seee the difference
  • jetabear10
    jetabear10 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Make sure you are eating enough. If you aren't, your body will shut down things that are "extras" in order to sustain yourself. This happened to me for about 4 months ~ I consulted my Doctor and personal trainer who both said to eat more...once I upped my calories, my period came back.

Weight loss is tricky in the sense that you can't have too much off a deficit or you will end up doing harm to yourself...finding the right magic number for your while you lose the weight is important and then you have to find the right magic number again in order to maintain. It can be tricky. I started by adding 50 calories at a time for a week...ending up adding a total of 150 calories more and everything went back to normal and I am still losing weight. You just can't be too aggressive with the weight loss...slow and steady wins the race!

Good luck on your journey...feel free to add me or email me if you have any questions!
  • lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    When I was really athletic I missed my period often; but it only seemed to happen when I was in season...however I was in several sports so I was almost always in season... lol. But I would usually get my period every 3 months.

If you're not really athletic, there COULD be something wrong. It COULD mean you're low on iron. You also could not be eating enough.

I will be late on my period if I'm under stress (but pretty severe stress).

I mean, if you have any other symptoms besides a missed period, I would go into the doctor for sure; always safe then sorry, especially if you have insurance.

Other than that; i'm not a doctor and I don't know your specific situation and daily routines so I wouldn't know :/. Going to the threads in nice, but the only valid answer you will receive is from a doctor or your body when you get your period again..
  • jenna25
    jenna25 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    hey love. have you been doing a lot of cardio? when i was doing crazy amount of cardio and had a lot of extra cals because of the deficit from burning cals from the cardio i didnt get my period for probably 3-4 months. and it was because i was dropping weight fast but once i started eating more cals and took a little break from the cardio i have a normal period again.