Ladies... Favorite gloves & hats when running outside?

Options
I need some suggestions, thanks! ;c)

Replies

• LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    BUMP - I'm also in the market.
  • ipsamet
    ipsamet Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Ohh, I want to know this too! My fingers were so cold yesterday.
  • LisaM_9
    LisaM_9 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Me too... pricey but did see at Target $15 running gloves and a hat - was wondering if that would be good...
  • skullik
    skullik Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    bump
  • irishcanadianwoman
    Options
    I wear whatever is left in the hat/scarf/mitts/gloves drawer after the rest of the family has left the building!
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Got myself some cute Canada mits from Zellers this week for $5! Very cozy!
    Don't do hats though, the curls don't quite recover from hat head
  • lydia_the_tattooed_lady
    Options
    I don't use either. I'm down to just a long sleeve shirt under a short sleeve one, capris, and comfy socks and shoes. I don't even bother with a jacket anymore. Too hot!!
  • KellsJourney
    KellsJourney Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I want some gloves that I can also use with my Iphone, but keep m hands warm, and for the hat, I need the ponytail slot..... Anyone know?
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I bought an Asics cute hat/glove combo from Roadrunnersports.com. . .Black with cute striping in pink and such. I've used some of the Champion C9 items from target (running tights & shirts, too). I also get the $1.50 cheapo gloves at Target in cute colors and those do the job. After about 3 miles, I'm warm and I usually end up wiping my nose on my gloves, so I need to have several pairs to rotate through!! LOL

Regardless of what I use, I'm usually pretty chilly for the first 15+ minutes. But then I'm roasty-toasty warm after that!
  • Priincess_Natalie
    Priincess_Natalie Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I have two different pairs of gloves. One is just knit for cool days and the other is a thicker lined pair for cold days. I don't do hats because I have big hair and they just come off but I use a knit wrap/headband style to cover my ears.
  • KimertRuns13_1
    Options
    Bondiband has some nice hats w/ponytail slot.
    I use an UnderArmour headband/ear warmer for cold running most of the time, which works well with a ponytail. UA and Nike also have winter running hats w/ponytail slot.

Nike also makes some nice cold weather running gloves. the ones I wear do not have the tech finger thing but I don't use my phone when I run so I can't really say wether or not those are good.
  • KellsJourney
    Options
    Bondiband has some nice hats w/ponytail slot.
    I use an UnderArmour headband/ear warmer for cold running most of the time, which works well with a ponytail. UA and Nike also have winter running hats w/ponytail slot.

Nike also makes some nice cold weather running gloves. the ones I wear do not have the tech finger thing but I don't use my phone when I run so I can't really say wether or not those are good.

Thank you, this is helpful! Looking into these brands now! :c)
  • gadenni34
    gadenni34 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I want some gloves that I can also use with my Iphone, but keep m hands warm, and for the hat, I need the ponytail slot..... Anyone know?

I saw all of these things at Target the other day in the purse/scarf/hat area when I was looking. they were not cheap by any means, well the hates were about $15 I think. The gloves though were only $6.
  • ecgwood
    Options
    I found a pair of mittens at Target that are Champion brand. The end flips open and velcros back if your hands get hot and the thumb flips open, too. They are fleecy on the inside and warm when closed up and nice and breezy when they are open. I love them! I only wear cheap headbands when running because I have curly hair that just doesn't do hats. Good luck in your search!
  • KellsJourney
    Options
    Thank you all, looks like I'll be checking at my Target today!
  • csm1021
    csm1021 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Last winter towards the end of season I bought a pair of North Face Gloves (Women's TNF Insulated Apex Glove). I just looked them up online now, they are going for $55 but I only paid maybe $25 (I know I wouldn't have paid $55!!). You might be able to find a deal online.

I ran with them on this morning in 31 degree weather and after the first mile I had to take them off because my hands were too warm. I really like these gloves, I also use them for cross country skiing which the textured palms come in handy for gripping onto the ski poles.

North Face also makes a pair with a piece of fabric over the pointer finger so you can use your phone with them on. I don't have these but a friend of mine does and she loves them.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    The only gloves I've ever used are the super cheap stretchy gloves that cost about a buck a pair. I'm still able to use my Android. Maybe not for precision work - I don't think I could type a text or anything - but good enough to unlock the phone and start/stop Runkeeper.

For hats, my favorite is a fleece bucket style with ear flaps. I got a running hat with a ponytail hole as swag for a race, but I look like I have a condom on my head so I'm going to have to be pretty desperate to wear it.
  • BlackKat75
    BlackKat75 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I got the Champion hat from target with the ponytail hole, but it's too small for my head - doesn't cover my ears, so it's pretty much useless. Try it on in the store to make sure it fits before you buy!!! I also bought a bunch of thin knit gloves there - $3 for 2 pairs, some are fingerless, that keep my hands warm at the start of my run. I get cheap gloves so if I lose them when I take them off, no loss. I'm thinking of running a string attached to my gloves through my sleeves like my mom did when I was little so I stop losing gloves!

What I like better than a full hat is a warm headband that covers my ears - also has the added bonus of keeping my earbuds in place. I just got a nice reversible one from Nike that is also reflective. I highly recommend it - nice and snug fit and very warm.