Doesn't like eggs

Options
I need help!

My husband doesn't like eggs. He never grew up eating them because his dad is highly alergic to poultry/eggs. So he never developed a liking for the texture or taste. I, on the other hand, have no problem eating eggs. I love them in fact.

But...he is trying to work on losing weight and eating less carbs, more protien, etc. (I've tried getting him on here but he's being stuborn. One step at a time I guess.) Most meals, I have no problem with meeting these requirements for both of us. It's breakfast that's the problem.

I need some low calorie, higher protien, low carb, wholesome food ideas for breakfast that I can make up quick (or prep ahead of time) to feed him. He's not a big veggie nut. Doesn't like tomatoes or peppers but will eat Broccoli and Califlower, lettuce and carrots.

Help? Suggestions? Ideas? Websites to look at? Receipes?

Replies

• lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I think eggs are disgusting but I can eat them if you hide the flavor in a fritatta.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt. My fav brand (Fage) has 18 grams of protein in a individual cup of the 0%. Add in whatever you like- fruit, nuts, honey for sweetness, etc. The 2% tastes even better if you can spare the calories!
  • lsiberian
    Options
    Get some yogurt and mix in some fruit and a little granola. Bacon is low carb and actually low calories. You could also do a small steak.
  • IronDame
    IronDame Posts: 275
    Options
    Mmmmm eggs with sriracha = amazing mouthgasm!
  • Arrabindi
    Arrabindi Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Why does it have to be low carb? What about some really good oatmeal with fresh fruit?
  • johnny059qn
    johnny059qn Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with blueberries, walnuts and vanilla protein powder is what I have for breakfast EVERYday. My cholesterol is now 142!

Keeps me full until lunch and I never get tired of it!!
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    How about chicken or a ham sammich or a pork chop? There's no law that says you have to have eggs and toast or cereal for breakfast and can only have roast beef for dinner.

Also, why can't he feed himself?
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    high protein cereal, protein shakes, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, greek yogurt and granola, tofu scrambles, oatmeal.
  • FloraDelirus
    FloraDelirus Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    What is Sriracha?
  • FloraDelirus
    Options
    How about chicken or a ham sammich or a pork chop? There's no law that says you have to have eggs and toast or cereal for breakfast and can only have roast beef for dinner.

Also, why can't he feed himself?

Oh, he can feed himself. But since I'm in the kitchen doing my own stuff, I do his in the morning too. It saves time and keeps us from running into each other :) Plus he takes care of the animals in the morning and a few other chores, so it's an even trade off.
  • FloraDelirus
    Options
    Why does it have to be low carb? What about some really good oatmeal with fresh fruit?

No it doesn't 'have' to be low carb. He's just hoping that it's not cereal and skim milk day after day after day. Oatmeal with fresh fruit sounds good. What kind of oatmeal? There are so many kinds out there. What's the 'best' for digestion, etc?
  • FloraDelirus
    Options
    Oatmeal with blueberries, walnuts and vanilla protein powder is what I have for breakfast EVERYday. My cholesterol is now 142!

Keeps me full until lunch and I never get tired of it!!

Vanilla protien powder is a good idea! How much do you usually make yourself in the morning? And how much powder do you put in? Receipe please?
  • FloraDelirus
    Options
    Greek yogurt. My fav brand (Fage) has 18 grams of protein in a individual cup of the 0%. Add in whatever you like- fruit, nuts, honey for sweetness, etc. The 2% tastes even better if you can spare the calories!

This is a good idea for summer months breakfasts! We're the kind of people that like warm meals for breakfast during cold months (live in the midwest) and cooler meals for the warmer months. I've seen Fage and know that it's some of the better high protien and low carb out there. I'll pick some up to maybe make snacks for lunches. Thanks for the ideas.
  • 1Kristine1
    1Kristine1 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Try lookiing for oatmeal with a higher fiber content
  • FloraDelirus
    Options
    I think eggs are disgusting but I can eat them if you hide the flavor in a fritatta.

Fritatta?
  • FloraDelirus
    Options
    Get some yogurt and mix in some fruit and a little granola. Bacon is low carb and actually low calories. You could also do a small steak.

He likes bacon ;) It's just getting him to 'control' his intake of it. ;) It's one of those things that he can never eat just one slice....or two...or three.
  • IronDame
    IronDame Posts: 275
    Options
    What is Sriracha?
    The best hot sauce EVER!

sriracha.jpg
  • FloraDelirus
    Options
    What is Sriracha?
    The best hot sauce EVER!

sriracha.jpg

Ahh! Gotcha! Thanks for the information!
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    What is Sriracha?
    dear-sriracha-rooster-sauce-L-ACBqsX.jpeg
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    I always thought I hated eggs because they smell like farts, but recently started eating them in the past year. Love eggs now.