Has anyone done or started the 60 day insanity workout?

Options
Just curious if anyone has done the insanity workout, I was just looking at it online (not ready to commit yet) but i see it has a fit test. How does that work? I have a Wii, it's obivious that with the wii it can fit test you because of the control and fit board, but how does a DVD do a fit test? and have you had great sucess with the workout?

Replies

• wjm7605
    wjm7605 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I started the Insanity workout a week ago. The fit test is 8 - 1 minute exercises. You count how many of each exercise you can do in that minute. Every 3 or 4 weeks you will do the fit test again to see how well you are progressing.

I like the work out because it:
    1) kicks your but
    2) even though all the participants in the video look like they are in great shape they take breaks during the exercises to rest or get water. Makes me feel less guilty for taking a quick breather in the middle.

I just started it so I can't say how well it has worked yet, but be prepared to be sore the first week. The soreness isn't as bad the next week.
  • Kristie18
    Kristie18 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I did 1 1/2 rounds of Insanity~ I loved the results.
  • nklunk
    nklunk Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I'm on my 4th round and love it!!! Every time you do the fit test you just see how many more you can do of the exercise then you did before. Yes it does work!! I have lost more inches doing this than anything else. I probably could have done better if I would have watched what i ate better. I am currently also doing the chalean extreme with this round of insanity. My profile pic is my progress since I first started insanity. Good luck!!
  • hedwighigh
    Options
    The Fit Test works by going through a series of moves for a minute each. You count how many times you do the certain move for that minute and record it. Then you do the Fit Test every other week so you can see how you've improved.

I love Insanity. I just finished the first month yesterday and am starting Recovery Week today. I did TurboFire (another BeachBody product) again for fun yesterday... Insanity's warm up is harder. It'll kick your butt but you'll love it. I don't think I could do anything else now. My endurance and strength has greatly improved with just the first month.

I'm very glad that I worked myself up to Insanity though.
  • want2belean
    want2belean Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Thanks Everybody, sounds like a good investment. I appreciate all the feed back.
  • BiancaW18
    BiancaW18 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I actually started today & finished the first workout! I've done it before and you will love the results! Stamina, indurance, and weighloss with noticeable muscle gain!! LOVE IT!!!
  • Colombianchick29
    Colombianchick29 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday, only got through 8 minutes of the fit test. I felt like I was going to vomit, and then pass out! I drank 2 bottles of water just to catch my breath!
  • PunkyG210
    PunkyG210 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I'm 49 and I did Insanity. I loved it! It's so extreme and crazy and INSANE! You will literally be dripping in sweat! The fit test works like others have already described. I think that putting the fit test into the program every couple of weeks was a genious idea. The program is tough and very challenging. When you do the fit test, you'll think you won't possibly be able to beat your results with the next fit test, but most likely you will. The improvements in the fit test are a great motivator. I had good results with the program and plan to do another round. Currently my nephew has my DVDs so he can complete his first round. The thing I love about Insanity is that you basically compete with yourself, you are always challenging yourself and you're always trying to push yourself farther. As hard as the program is, I couldn't wait to do my workouts. When you finish, you'll be shocked at how proud you are of yourself. During the workouts, rest when you need to and modify when you need to. Drink LOTS of water and EAT! Good Luck and Enjoy!
  • adriadawn19
    adriadawn19 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    If you push yourself to your hardest and test you abilities during the workout as well as takes breaks when needed then it is awesome. like someone else said you are litterally dripping sweat before you even get past the warm up! it is an intense workout and the name insanity certainly describes it! I made it through 3 weeks of it but then life happened and I failed to finish it. Right now I am doing 30 Day shred and once I finish the 30 Days, today is my fourth day, then i am going to try to complete insanity again. Overall it is an awesome program!