Polar FT4

Options
Alright, everyone. Please help...I bought a Timex HRM on Friday, very disappointed with it this weekend. I'm returning it this week and considering the Polar FT4. I read some reviews regarding the cals burned being off?? Anyone have an FT4 and have any good input?? Thanks in advance!!

Replies

• PatrickCoyle
    PatrickCoyle Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    On my 2nd FT4 at the minute, I find the calories burned to be very accurate
  • Sarah1023
    Sarah1023 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    On my 2nd FT4 at the minute, I find the calories burned to be very accurate
    Okay, great! Thanks for your input!! I used my timex last night, said cals were 421 and my TM said 158??? I thought that was a crazy difference. Plus the HRM went from 408 to 421 from the time I got off the TM and walked into the living room (only a few feet!!). LMBO. I LOL'd at that. :)
  • PatrickCoyle
    PatrickCoyle Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You're welcome :). I have had a few other HRM which were grossly inaccurate it actually made the transition to the FT4 difficult because of how much slower the calories seem to burn off but it's much more worth it after your workout.
  • Sarah1023
    Options
    You're welcome :). I have had a few other HRM which were grossly inaccurate it actually made the transition to the FT4 difficult because of how much slower the calories seem to burn off but it's much more worth it after your workout.
    Okay, thanks so much for your input!
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I've had my FT4 for almost 3 years, it's still going strong!!!
  • GenesisandEden
    GenesisandEden Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I Love mine. I highly recommend it. It's simple and does it's job =)
  • Lyric82
    Lyric82 Posts: 119
    Options
    I love, love, love my FT4! It's so user friendly and it's extremely easy to track everything and I find it to be extremely accurate! I'm kinda obsessed with it. I like to wear it even when I'm not working out just to see how many calories I burn. Plus I got a pretty pink one - what's better? :)
    Good Luck!!!
  • rcalvert1
    rcalvert1 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    bump ... thinking of getting one of these for myself for christmas, would like to hear more about it before I purchase it.
  • tikafly
    tikafly Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    No problems with mine. I love and trust it.
  • daj150
    daj150 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    I think it really depends on what you want to achieve with your watch. I had a FT4 and it was awesome, but I wanted something that was a little more of a work-horse, so I got the FT40. I actually got this one specifically for what I wanted to achieve when using MFP to change my fitness and eating lifestyle. It worked wonders. But now, for example, I am into triathlon training and other activities. The FT4 and FT40 are not very useful for me. So, it really depends on what you want to be able to track. I do want to say that of all of the other brands I have tried, Polar is consistently the most accurate and reliable, but you definitely pay a premium for that (which I think is worth it).
  • Sarah1023
    Options
    I love, love, love my FT4! It's so user friendly and it's extremely easy to track everything and I find it to be extremely accurate! I'm kinda obsessed with it. I like to wear it even when I'm not working out just to see how many calories I burn. Plus I got a pretty pink one - what's better? :)
    Good Luck!!!
    Heck, yeah! Pink is always good ;) lol
  • Sarah1023
    Options
    I think it really depends on what you want to achieve with your watch. I had a FT4 and it was awesome, but I wanted something that was a little more of a work-horse, so I got the FT40. I actually got this one specifically for what I wanted to achieve when using MFP to change my fitness and eating lifestyle. It worked wonders. But now, for example, I am into triathlon training and other activities. The FT4 and FT40 are not very useful for me. So, it really depends on what you want to be able to track. I do want to say that of all of the other brands I have tried, Polar is consistently the most accurate and reliable, but you definitely pay a premium for that (which I think is worth it).
    Agreed. You get what you pay for and I can witness that with the Timex I purchased. Although, I did find a lot of good reviews on it, so idk. I think for me, I'm into basic fitness, burning a lot of calories with beach body type programs and running...Thanks for your advice.
  • LaColombicana
    LaColombicana Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Great info! Thanks for asking this question!
  • fit4life76
    fit4life76 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Love my FT4!! I had the F4 for about 5 years before it died on me and never had a problem with it.
  • DMUND
    DMUND Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT4, I was actually addicted to it for a time this summer after I first got it. Now I just use it while I am working out.
  • Sarah1023
    Options
    I have the Polar FT4, I was actually addicted to it for a time this summer after I first got it. Now I just use it while I am working out.
    Do you find that the calorie burn is pretty accurate??
  • Sarah1023
    Options
    Love my FT4!! I had the F4 for about 5 years before it died on me and never had a problem with it.
    Thanks for your reply. Do you find that the calorie burn is pretty accurate?? And is set up pretty easy?
  • sweetd_cali
    sweetd_cali Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I love my Polar FT4. It has totally kept me accountable - the HRM on cardio machines were showing that I burned more calories than I actually did. I got a pink one from Amazon for about $60.

The chest strap is comfortable and the interface is simple.
  • Sarah1023
    Options
    I love my Polar FT4. It has totally kept me accountable - the HRM on cardio machines were showing that I burned more calories than I actually did. I got a pink one from Amazon for about $60.

The chest strap is comfortable and the interface is simple.
    Awesome, thanks for your input...so you feel the calories are more accurate? I had read a couple of reviews where some ppl were saying their calories burned seemed too high...I'm thinking maybe they just did not set it up appropriately. The timex that I just bought did the same, though, and I know I sat it up properly. So idk...
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Timex is known to not work well for women. The algorithms are set up for men and over estimate women's burn. I have the FT4 and find it to be very accurate and it walks you right through the set up.