Lunchtime running with no shower!

Options
2»

Replies

• BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Turns out Fresh Bath wipes haven't made it over here yet so ordered the Nathan Power Shower ones, which sounds a bit more effective that baby wipes and less irritating than the deodorant ones. The investment's a commitment, right?

Thursday will be day one of Operating Lunchtime Glow - I shall report back with an ARR!

[/quote]So, do you have to bring your own coal in winter? [/quote] No, we have the opposite problem, giant Victorian radiators and floor-to-ceiling hot-water pipes with ineffective air conditioning - it's 25 degrees Centigrade minimum most days!

I have just volunteered to work Christmas eve. I'm hoping for a lump of coal and a fresh tallow candle.
  • itsuki
    itsuki Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I do this all the time. Baby wipes are great, as is powder deodorant (I use Lush's Tea for Toes; it's got tea tree oil and citrus for odor, plus moisture absorption. I put it in my shoes, in my hair, and all over my body!),

My biggest suggestion would be to make sure you give yourself enough time to cool down and collect yourself. I have an hour lunch break and I usually do 25-30 mins of running, then 30-35 minutes of relaxing, cooling off, changing, and dousing myself with powder. :P
  • reneepugh
    reneepugh Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Yep, my work doesn't have showers either and I ride to work sometimes. So, I stock in babywipes, mild body spray, deodorant, lotion and a small amount of makeup in my backpack as well as an extra change of clothes. I can usually make myself smell and look decent for the day. I don't really care what other people think because my health is more important.
  • mandiam
    mandiam Posts: 109
    Options
    i do it everyday-- just wash up as best as possible and go along with your day :)
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    I'm so encouraged so many other people do this, thanks!

I would keep spare knickers in my desk drawer in case I forget to include them in my change of clothes, but colleagues might get the wrong idea!
  • litatura
    litatura Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    My hair ends up being a hot mess after a run and I work in a very professional environment, so I personally wouldn't be able to run/workout at lunchtime, not to mention that I'd feel gross not being able to shower.
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    I've found dry shampoo really helps to get my hair a bit drier faster if I run when I don't have time for a shower afterwards. Everything else you said (baby wipes, spray, ect.) is exactly how I do it too
  • teletubbie87
    teletubbie87 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I would say go for it. Just make sure that you get really good wipes, you sure wouldn't like your "odor" to be
    the center of attention at work. Health is very important and if that is the only time you can exercise then don't let
    anything stop you, just clean yourself and do your very best to not smell.
  • kgcart
    kgcart Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Personally, I sweat like a June bride in a feather bed so this wouldn't work for me. Sitting in an office feeling like I was wrapped in damp face clothes would be a distraction to say the least. So, having said that, have you considered a brisk walk or would that drench your body parts too?