What's better?

Options
Is measuring or scale? or both? (measure or weighing yourself) What do you do?

Replies

• dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Weighing your food on a scale will give you a more accurate measure of calories than using a cup to measure, however both ways actually work fine and are way ahead of guessing.
  • Raphi
    Raphi Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    measuring tape! But measure less often than you would step on the scale; it takes a little longer.
  • Mrsmartin73
    Options
    Sorry bout that I edited to be more specific but thxs cause I didn't know that either!
  • pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I like using both but I think using measuring tape to keep track of inches lost is an awesome tool/gauge on your progress. Scale may not move but it does not mean the inches are not falling off.
  • PaulaDygert
    PaulaDygert Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Do you mean food or self?
    For food I agree with the others.
    For myself I only weighed at first then the past 2 weeks I stopped losing weight... But I was able to fit into a pair of jeans that I couldn't 2 weeks ago. Had my hubby not talked me into trying on the jeans I would have probably given up because I was pretty down about not losing anymore. So I would suggest measuring (less often I am going to do it once a month) and weighing (I weigh in once a week) both.
  • kingnatalie
    kingnatalie Posts: 163
    Options
    You should weight and measure, you may see a change in one but not the other, change = progress.
  • melgibson
    melgibson Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Both!!
    Sometimes weight loss will not show on the scales because you have switched fat for muscle.
    And when the scales say you haven't improved since last week the tape measure just might!!

:smile:
  • Cranny
    Cranny Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I've been dealing with this all day - My weigh-in didn't budge this morning, and my friends have suggested measuring. I (stupidly) didn't measure when I started MFP, so now I have nothing to compare it too. Going home tonight to measure - cause when one doesn't go down, hopefully the other will!
  • Songbird146
    Songbird146 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I do both once a week. I have to weight myself for the challenge I belong to at my gym and I measure myself for my own peace of mind.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    I do both, but I personally think the measuring tape is most important! I could weigh 200 pounds, but if I have the measurments I want and I feel healthy, why should what I weigh matter?