Need some support from the Guys

Looking for some guys that can hold me accountable! Help motivate me, I will do the same for you. I find it easier to have guys with common goals, and similar issues to help motivate one another. Lets do this.

Replies

• hockeydad725
    hockeydad725 Posts: 86 Member
    Hi There and welcome, request sent.
  • Welcome to the boards. Always up for sharing info & encouragement. I'll send a friend request.
  • Thanks you two
  • Looking at your profile photo I'd say maybe you can help us! :-)

Well I was on here a little over a year ago and started out doing good. I think I lost around 15 pounds, but I stopped and so did the weight loss.Well, I'm back now and I hope to keep it going. I was doing a search and believe it or not it wound up providing results to a forum in MFP. Since I was a member I decided to try and log in again and it worked. I still have to set everything back up for goals and all that, but I'm ready.

So... what was I searching? I was searching for gastric bypass information good and bad. It is now the time I had promised myself that if I couldn't do it on my own that I was going to go under the knife. Well, as it turns out, I am still wishy-washy on that decision and probably for good reason. I know GB is not the easy way out and I know it's not pleasant, it has advantages and disadvantages and complications. I've been reading A LOT! I have scheduled to attend a seminar about it on November 17th and I will still go. I have a few issues going on right now like knee and hip pain, a lot of pain. My knee doctor told me that if he determines that I need a new hip for some reason, he won't do it because I weigh too much. I had an MRI done last week and I see him on the 19th. There's a lot of emotion going on and I guess I just can't see making my decision with these emotions guiding me. I need to be responsible about it. So that's another reason I am making another commitment to try MFP out again.

If I can help you in any way I will try. I appreciate you asking for and wanting to provide support. I think that's the only way we all get through this.
  • Thanks paulhood. I wish that was me in the picture, that is a goal picture I use to remind myself that one day I will get there, what I am working for. So Ill be more than glad to support you in any way I can, we can do this.
  • I lost a lot of weight this year and looking at putting on about 10/15 lbs of muscle now.. you look good man lets motivate eachother!!
  • dan_IRL
    dan_IRL Posts: 204 Member
    I just added you as well. We can use all the support we can get. ANyone else, feel free to add me as well.
  • Tony_Brewski
    Tony_Brewski Posts: 1,376 Member
    Fire off requests if you wish. Always looking for more brotherhood on this journey of turning fat to fit!
  • Thanks guys, I just need some testosterone on my feed. I love all my friends but its different to have a guy telling to stop acting like a ***** and get to the gym, you know what I mean.
  • Tony_Brewski
    Thanks guys, I just need some testosterone on my feed. I love all my friends but its different to have a guy telling to stop acting like a ***** and get to the gym, you know what I mean.

I hear that brother.
  • dan_IRL
    dan_IRL Posts: 204 Member
    Agreed. Props from female MFP buddies are one thing. But it's nice to get positive reinforcement and no BS kicks in the pants from the guys
  • MrBryGuy
    MrBryGuy Posts: 115
    Feel free to add me! Always looking for new friends.
  • chsmith79
    chsmith79 Posts: 240 Member
    I feel the same way. I'll send a FR.
  • 59orphan
    59orphan Posts: 16 Member
    Add me as well. No more cardio bunnies! Time to hit the iron!
  • MrJase
    MrJase Posts: 88 Member
    Thanks guys, I just need some testosterone on my feed. I love all my friends but its different to have a guy telling to stop acting like a ***** and get to the gym, you know what I mean.

This is exactly what i need aswell!!

Request sent! anyone else feel free to add me if you wish
  • Tony_Brewski
    Agreed. Props from female MFP buddies are one thing. But it's nice to get positive reinforcement and no BS kicks in the pants from the guys

Spoken like a man! Drop the drama and back pats. Need that locker room trash talk now and then to check us in check.
  • Request sent! You'll find plenty of support on these threads!
  • Wouldn't mind some testosterone in my feed either, feel free to add me and tell me to get off my *kitten*!
  • Axiell
    Axiell Posts: 24 Member
    Would love to have some folks to help keep me accountable. Feel free to add me
  • texasaswang
    texasaswang Posts: 24 Member
    Ill join you. Add me if you wish.