Best Workout DVD's you have used? Please Help

Options
I'm a single mom with two boys under 5 and I also work part time and am in school full time. I don't have time to go to the gym and we don't live near a park where I can go walking nor does the neighborhood we live in offer a safe way to go walking (we have no sidewalks and live off a busy street where cars fly by at like 50-60mph).

Anyways, I was wondering if anyone has had any success using any workout DVD's at home and if so, which one's? I was thinking of going to Target and getting about 2 or 3 DVD's. I've heard the Jillian Michael's one's are pretty good. I've been doing some walk at home one's but they are not as intense. They're better for squeezing in 15-30 minutes of walking into my day.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks! :smile:

Replies

• jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred is really popular.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    I'm a single mom with two boys under 5 and I also work part time and am in school full time. I don't have time to go to the gym and we don't live near a park where I can go walking nor does the neighborhood we live in offer a safe way to go walking (we have no sidewalks and live off a busy street where cars fly by at like 50-60mph).

Anyways, I was wondering if anyone has had any success using any workout DVD's at home and if so, which one's? I was thinking of going to Target and getting about 2 or 3 DVD's. I've heard the Jillian Michael's one's are pretty good. I've been doing some walk at home one's but they are not as intense. They're better for squeezing in 15-30 minutes of walking into my day.

I love Jillian! I have 30 day shred, yoga meltdown and extreme shed and shred. All very good DVD's. I also have a lot of Leslie Sansone walk at home DVD's.
  • DenyseMarieL
    DenyseMarieL Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I love Jillian Michaels! 30 day Shred, Ripped in 30 and Six Week 6 Pack are great. Happy exercising!
  • alimounce
    alimounce Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    30 day shred!
  • tishka11
    Options
    I havnt used a dvd per say, but i really enjoy some of the wii games - The Biggest Loser Challenge in particular is great! It keeps you interested by changing the moves all the time and its really fun, but you can feel all your muscles working out!
    Had some good results with it too!
  • Mochila09
    Mochila09 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michael's is intense - love her workouts, even if my knees don't!! You Tube has a ton of her videos - you can check them out for free! Good luck!
  • bamakmd
    Options

I love Jillian! I have 30 day shred, yoga meltdown and extreme shed and shred. All very good DVD's. I also have a lot of Leslie Sansone walk at home DVD's.

lizziebeth102, is yoga meltdown by Jillian Michaels?
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Zumba because I enjoy them most. I've only seen on Jillian MIchaels DVD and it was a kettlebell workout. I didn't like it. It was boring and short and I didn't even work up a sweat. But many of hers are popular. The Beachbody workouts are pretty good. Insanity is truly insanely hard core, but it does work.

If you have a game system the Just Dance games are really fun and give a good workout, and your boys might enjoy it too. My daughter has it and my grandsons love it.
  • bamakmd
    Options
    My favorite is Zumba because I enjoy them most. I've only seen on Jillian MIchaels DVD and it was a kettlebell workout. I didn't like it. It was boring and short and I didn't even work up a sweat. But many of hers are popular. The Beachbody workouts are pretty good. Insanity is truly insanely hard core, but it does work.

If you have a game system the Just Dance games are really fun and give a good workout, and your boys might enjoy it too. My daughter has it and my grandsons love it.

Yes my friends have a Wii and I'm thinking of getting one for Christmas! Thanks for that suggestion of involving my kids. That would be a good gift for my kids as well as me :)
  • bluelena
    bluelena Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    When I decided to start getting back in shape, I wanted something to do besides run, so I bought the Beach Body 10-Minute Trainer. It's a series of 10-minute workouts that focus on different body parts, or just cardio. The premise is that you do 3 workouts or so in a day.

That led to Turbo Jam, which showed up in the ads at the end of the 10-Minute Trainer DVDs. So I guess I "graduated" to those, and now I've bought Turbo Fire and Chalean Extreme, which I am currently using.

Turbo Jam/Fire are kickbox based, and Chalean Extreme is a heavy lifting program.

Gilad's Express Workouts are also good. I like to have lot of variety so I don't get bored, heh. I worked out with Gilad on ESPN waaaaay back in the day and was ridiculously excited that he had produced so many DVDs.
  • laylaness
    laylaness Posts: 262 Member
    Options

lizziebeth102, is yoga meltdown by Jillian Michaels?

That is Jillian Michaels.

I'm almost done with 30 Day Shred, and I've tried out Six Week Six Pack, which I liked and am going to do after I'm done with 30 Day Shred. I've lost 6.5 inches total (as of last Thursday) on 30 Day Shred.
  • slimfitnessmoms
    slimfitnessmoms Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Insanity is my favorite!
  • surromom2010
    surromom2010 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    insanity!
  • missallenxox
    missallenxox Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    do turbofire with my friend sometimes. it is really fun and sweet music hahha
  • Pandasarecool
    Pandasarecool Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred is really popular.

I just started this! And let me tell ya, it makes you sweat! (Its also all available on you tube, you didn't hear it from me!:wink::flowerforyou: )
  • Cntrygal81
    Cntrygal81 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michael's Ripped in 30 and 30 Day Shred are both great workouts and I find are easy to fit into even a busy day. RI30 is 34 minutes from beginning to end and 30DS is 27 minutes (both times include warm up and cool down).
  • luppic8
    luppic8 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Yoga Insfued Kickboxing!!!
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred. Best one to start with and 9$ at Wally World.
  • kdank
    kdank Posts: 29
    Options
    Been doing the insanity half-assed for the past month, lost little bit over 20 pounds though, and Shaun T is a good motivator. Thats just my 2 cents though. And they only last from 40-50 mins.
  • kaycevaughan
    kaycevaughan Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I havnt used a dvd per say, but i really enjoy some of the wii games - The Biggest Loser Challenge in particular is great! It keeps you interested by changing the moves all the time and its really fun, but you can feel all your muscles working out!
    Had some good results with it too!

I also really like the Biggest Loser Wii game. As far as DVDs go, I LOVE Turbo Jam.