this may be gross, but.....

Options
When you're sick and not everything that you eat stays down- do you adjust your food diary? Or keep the calories as counted even if you don't keep them in your belly?

Replies

• darleyschroeder
    Options
    I adjust...like it depends on how much comes up. If it is a lot then adjust it by half...It is a gross thing, but you obv didnt eat all that food for reals if it came back up.
    Hope you feel better :(
  • kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    I would just ignore it and move on.
  • andriadean7171
    Options
    Wow never thought about that!
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    If you're not feeling good that you're getting sick, I wouldn't even be on the computer logging anything! Hope you feel better soon!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Sick = break from logging. Just eat whatever you can keep down and go back to logging when you are healthy again.
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Just take a break. Rest. Drink plenty of water. Don't worry about it until you're well. Get well soon. :)
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Why would you worry about it? It's not like you're going to go over your budget if you're vomiting!
  • bananapancakebella
    Options
    Why would you worry about it? It's not like you're going to go over your budget if you're vomiting!

Unless you're bingeing and purging.

In fact, throwing up only gets rid of about 50% of the calories you've taken in, but this isn't an exact science. Plus your body goes into starvation mode and seriously slows your metabolism, storing calories as fat. If you're sick and vomitting, don't bother logging. Focus on getting better.
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Unless you're bingeing and purging.

^^^

If you actually had the flu and were vomiting, then you really wouldn't have worry about counting calories! In those situations you usually have to force yourself to eat and drink.
  • NocturnalGirl
    Options
    When you are sick, just focus on getting better and don't worry about calories so much.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    If I'm that sick, I'm not counting calories.
  • Mama_Jag
    Mama_Jag Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    When you are sick, just focus on getting better and don't worry about calories so much.

This.

When I am sick and can only tolerate certain foods, I eat those and don't worry about it. And it's probably better not to restrict calories when you are sick - your body needs fuel to heal itself, if you can get it to stay down!
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    I leave it...i mean really i was sick...i threw up....

it's not like I really want the cals back so I can eat more and throw up more...

so I leave them...

I'm also not staring at it for 20 minutes trying to gauge how much I should adjust my quantities on here...

so yeah...really? no....i leave it
  • ChunkieNuts
    ChunkieNuts Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I would just ignore it and move on.

so would i!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Erica0718
    Erica0718 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    If I'm that sick, I'm not counting calories.

^^^ This
  • IronDame
    IronDame Posts: 275
    Options
    I would subtract and then eat back my calories.
    You might also want to add some exercise calories, depending on how hard you upchucked.
  • richx83
    richx83 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    search in the food and add Stomach Bug - Vomiting to your diary for a minus 200 calories :laugh:
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    To repeat what mostly everyone is saying--Just take a break. When your sick and throwing up, your body needs nutrients and fluid. Calories should be the last thing you thinking about when your sick. Don't stress over that and just focus on getting better :)

Hope you feel better soon!
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't be calorie-counting when sick and vomiting. No effin way.
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I asked this question on the forums a few months back when a friend had been on "the sauce" the night before and had up-chucked. The concensus was that it still counted. Makes sense when you consider the side effect of a certain ED.