Herbalife

Who uses it? Can you tell me more about it? I've just started. I have a great friend/consultant, but I'm looking for more success stories I guess.

Replies

• DamnImASexyBitch
    DamnImASexyBitch Posts: 740 Member
    Anyone? Bueller?
  • mrykyldy2
    mrykyldy2 Posts: 96 Member
    I used it several years ago but didn't have any luck with losing weight on it. I did get this drink that you only drink one ounce of in the afternoon that tasted like black licorice. It was good for getting a boost of energy.
  • BlackTimber
    BlackTimber Posts: 230 Member
    My wife was a consultant many years ago. Nothing magical. A bit cult-like IMO.
  • browshan
    browshan Posts: 5 Member
    I have used it and have found I can lose just as much weight by eating a healthy, balanced diet and exercising. There is no magical potion to lose weight. The Herbalife is just a meal replacement shake. You still have to eat snacks and dinners and it is really and expensive program. They also try and get you to try all these supplements to enhance this or that. In my opinion it is a waste of money and huge investment.
  • DamnImASexyBitch
    I don't think it's magical at all. Just curious if anyone had any luck with it. I just started. I'm hearing good things, but it is expensive. I like the idea of a meal replacement though because normally I'd skip that meal all together ( time factor ) so this is a great alternative.
  • knk1553
    knk1553 Posts: 438 Member
    A girl I work with uses it, she originally replaced 2 meals a day with it and had one balanced meal, however she was constantly starving and said she would lay awake at night with her stomach growling. I don't know if thats the correct or right approach to it. She lost about 10lbs in 3 months (she's tiny to begin with, so it wasn't like she had a lot of weight to lose) and now does 1 shake and 2 regular meals and said her weightloss has slowed. I personally can't handle being that hungry all the time, however I do like meal replacement shakes as an option, especially for breakfast.
  • MissSusieQ
    MissSusieQ Posts: 533 Member
    i'm using it at the moment.

i've lost 10kg (well, 9.9 to be irritatingly prescise) over 3 1/2 months, but honestly, i think my loss is more to do with the incredible care i've taken to stick to a calorie goal. that said, i keep doing it, because i have a great consultant who keeps me motivated, i get weigh-ins with a fancy scale that tracks all kinds of things like bone mass and visceral fat (mine are excellent, which is lovely to hear!), and although i'm pretty sure there's nothing magical in the shake powders, i've found that some shake powder with fruit and yoghurt and wheat bran is a great breakfast for me and keeps the hunger at bay until lunch time.

some people say it's too expensive, but for me i can afford it so why not?
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    I use it for breakfast, and for good nutrition.... also prepare works wonders for pre workout (it just tastes nasty IMO)
  • aethompson5507
    aethompson5507 Posts: 251 Member
    I've lost 15 lbs and 37inches so far!!...i love how easy it is bc like others have said, if it wasn't for the shakes id skip the meal all together. I also use the 24 line for my workouts & love it!!
  • I started the shakes recently. I LOVE them. It's pretty much the only way I can get myself to eat breakfast. I don't buy into the whole millions of pills that go with it, but the shakes themselves are great. And my consultant herself told me that I could just use skim milk (in particular from Braum's if you have one near by, their milk is 13g of protein) instead of the protein drink mix. I did some calculations and at 2 shakes a day (with just the formula one) plus the cost of skim milk it comes out to around $2.80 a day for both breakfast and lunch. Pretty sure that's not that expensive :) WAYYY less than what i was spending to get breakfast and lunch from the cafeteria at work. It may be more than getting some lunch meat and bread and mayo and making a sandwich to take to work but I think that the convenience of the shakes makes up for the few pennies I'd be saving. In the first week I lost 2 lbs and 5.5 inches.

it is NOT a miracle shake, if you buy it and then still eat half a pizza and chips and cokes that night for dinner, then obviously it's not going to work. but if you need something to help you get started with actually eating those meals (my biggest prob was skipping breakfast and even lunch and then stuffing my face at dinner and on lol) then its great. I hate eating and enjoy the shakes :)
  • RiverManUK
    RiverManUK Posts: 35 Member
    Who uses it? Can you tell me more about it? I've just started. I have a great friend/consultant, but I'm looking for more success stories I guess.

I'm curious. When you say 'friend/consultant' what do you mean?

Is your friend really a trained and academically tested professional expert in diet and nutrition, or are they using the term 'consultant' instead of 'Herbalife distributer/dealer/peddler'.

I don't have a problem with meal replacement shakes, I use whey protein shakes myself because I quite like them.

The problem I have is with Network Marketing. It is akin to pyramid sales schemes, and it seems to be the way Herbalife is pushed.

A friend's wife got into network sales (for some Aloe Vera snake oil and some utility company set up) and seriously crossed the boundary. Instead of having friends over for a nice meal we found we had invited a salesperson into our home. She would even phone us up after leaving brochures for us to read. This has put a massive strain on our friendship with my friend, as we dread every encounter with his wife.

A friend should be just that, not a business associate trying to make a profit from you. Anyone trying to sell you Herbalife is trying to make a profit from you, is that how you describe your friends.
  • DamnImASexyBitch

I'm curious. When you say 'friend/consultant' what do you mean?

Is your friend really a trained and academically tested professional expert in diet and nutrition, or are they using the term 'consultant' instead of 'Herbalife distributer/dealer/peddler'.

I don't have a problem with meal replacement shakes, I use whey protein shakes myself because I quite like them.

The problem I have is with Network Marketing. It is akin to pyramid sales schemes, and it seems to be the way Herbalife is pushed.

A friend's wife got into network sales (for some Aloe Vera snake oil and some utility company set up) and seriously crossed the boundary. Instead of having friends over for a nice meal we found we had invited a salesperson into our home. She would even phone us up after leaving brochures for us to read. This has put a massive strain on our friendship with my friend, as we dread every encounter with his wife.

A friend should be just that, not a business associate trying to make a profit from you. Anyone trying to sell you Herbalife is trying to make a profit from you, is that how you describe your friends.

Wow you sound angry. She's been a friend for over 20 years, she sells it, I asked her about it, she told me, I purchased. What is wrong with you?
  • danni_l
    danni_l Posts: 144 Member
    My wife was a consultant many years ago. Nothing magical. A bit cult-like IMO.

There are two people at work doing it and yes, very much like a cult haha! They keep pushing it on everyone at work. I think in Europe Herbalife got fined, its basically a pyramid sceme with no real evidence to back up the claims. The weight loss is from the calorie controlled diet.
    I seriously dont get why people dont just eat healthily and exercise. Its not rocket science. I always think with these kind of diets, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
  • nursemickey
    nursemickey Posts: 52 Member
    I just like the meal replacement and the xtra protein. I don't buy all the other stuff. I tend to skip meals and this is very good and easy to fix.