Snacking

Options
Does anyone tips for not eating/snacking out of control? My eating is usually under control, until i get home at around 3 pm. Even though i already ate lunch, i always tend to eat. Sometimes this leads me to pigging out and i eat a ton of unhealthy stuff i haven't been eating lately. How can i keep my eating under control after 3? :)

Replies

• lollyish
    lollyish Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Before I eat anything after say 6 o clock at night (apart from dinner) I make myself drink a litre of water. If I still want the snack, I have half of whatever it is (if it is a bad snack like chocolate or chips). I usually don't want it because I am so full.
    I eat 5-6 times a day though, I find it works better than having breakfast, lunch and dinner and that's it. If you are hungry eat - I stock up on tuna and rice thins. Keeps me going :)
  • Fragilebird24
    Fragilebird24 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I had this problem too, so I decided to start working out as soon as I got home. That way it curbed my snacking. Plus I always make healthier choices after I workout. Good luck!
  • cappri
    cappri Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    I'm usually hungry at that time of day when I get home from work too. I plan a few calories for as soon as I walk in the door and then I go workout.
  • MrMagic0920
    Options
    Water Water & more Water then wait 20 min. then try and eat your brain takes at least 20 min to get the message from your stomach that you are full then snack smart....... celery, yogart (plain) berries and nuts......
  • knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    i had a similar situation... i realized i was eating out of habit, instead of being hungry at that time. so i still eat, just something better for me. for me, it is an apple now instead of chips or cookies or chips AND cookies. the apple provides the crunch i seem to be looking for. break the habit, or modify it to work for you...
  • QuietLegs
    Options
    Eat lunch later.

Plan out exactly what snacks you will have and when you will have them.

Keep yourself distracted if you find yourself wanting to eat even if you're not hungry.

If you're not peeing every couple of hours, you're probably not drinking enough water.

Drink a lot of water.

Have healthy snacks available.

Plan, plan, plan! Think ahead, don't just let your food happen.
  • EatClenTrenHard
    EatClenTrenHard Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    its normal to feel hungry when you are losing weight. thats the price people pay after pigging out throughout their life
  • Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    Options
    Eat a serving of almonds and have water. Those two always leave me for real full.
  • katiefridley
    katiefridley Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    its normal to feel hungry when you are losing weight. thats the price people pay after pigging out throughout their life

I am not sure I buy this. I have lost about 15 pounds in two months from very simple and moderate diet and exercise changes and I rarely feel deep, true hunger. If anything, I may feel a tickle in my belly about a half hour before my regular meal times. If you are eating the right amount of calories and the right types of food for your body, you don't have to feel hungry all of the time.
  • sparkie51
    sparkie51 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I always make sure my blood sugar level is level. I eat 3 meals and 2 snacks per day. This has helped me on my journey. I get hungry but it's usually close to snack time or meal time.