Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

My success so far....

I have my down days, but I'm so proud of myself!

I've been doing rather well! I intend to keep going but thought I'd post a pic and see what everyone thinks of my progress so far! I don't take many photos of myself (due to my weight) so the before picture is over a year old...I probably weighed around 240. I started actively losing weight at about 237lbs in September of this year. I've lost a total of 45lbs so far (19 of them on my ticker there) The after picture is at 40lbs lost!

My goal is 150. I'm now at about 192! I know I can do this!

http://s18.beta.photobucket.com/user/Storm-Wolf/media/melbeforeafter.jpg.html

Replies

• I can't get my photo to post.... :(
  • gerripho
    gerripho Posts: 479 Member
    th_melbeforeafter.jpg

There you go. Great loss!
  • DCpaleochick
    DCpaleochick Posts: 211 Member
    great job...looking good!
  • strawberrytoast
    strawberrytoast Posts: 711 Member
    Well done!
  • Great job so far!!
  • You look great and are an inspiration! Keep going!!
  • MandiK3
    MandiK3 Posts: 218 Member
    WTG!!! keep up your great dedication!
  • WOW.....45 pounds in essentially 2 months! How did you do it....please share the secret to your success.

I'm plugging away but losing only about 4-5 pounds a month. I'd love to know how you were able to lose ~20 pounds per month! Do tell.

You look great by the way...
  • FreedomReigns
    FreedomReigns Posts: 195 Member
    Awesome job!
  • Fragilebird24
    Fragilebird24 Posts: 202 Member
    Awesome job so far! Keep it up!
  • julimonster
    julimonster Posts: 243 Member
    You are doing great! THank you for sharing, you are such an inspiration! Keep it up, best of luck to you!:flowerforyou:
  • TitanGM
    TitanGM Posts: 1,161 Member
    You CAN do it!! Keep it up!
  • bodaciousissa
    bodaciousissa Posts: 7 Member
    Great Job!! You will get there!!
  • canelly
    canelly Posts: 731 Member
    You look great keep kicking azz!!
  • Thanks everyone! I'm so proud of myself for finally getting the nerve to do this! I've not been skinny (that I can ever remember) and I really want to experience a life with less restrictions!
    WOW.....45 pounds in essentially 2 months! How did you do it....please share the secret to your success.

I'm plugging away but losing only about 4-5 pounds a month. I'd love to know how you were able to lose ~20 pounds per month! Do tell.

You look great by the way...

No real secrets here. I cut out carbs for a month and dropped so much right away!

I have PCOS and I guess that was affecting my ability to burn fat as my body was storing it for...i dunno....the apocalypse? cause i darn sure do not need it now!

I did start off on a reccomended diet from my cousin (it was approved by her doctor) that started off consuming only very lean meat/protein sources for like the first week. then started adding fruits and veggies....so on.

BUT....I have decided that a low carb lifestyle is just working for me....plus eating less bread really cuts a lot of calories out!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!