Working out enough

Options
Hi I recently lost thirty pounds and reached my goal weight. Actually I'm a few pounds under it. I work out six days a week doing body sculpt, spin, I do a very challenging hike once a week, Zumba and kickboxing. It usually averages out to 7 hours a week but I'm wondering if I should be adding another spin class. But I'm usually too tired to do another hour from my scheduled work outs and classes. I worry however that I should be doing more but I know that my muscles may not be able to take my doing another spin class because I already do a lot of leg excercis. What are your thought? Am I just being over paranoid? I mean I haven't gained back any weight in three months since I reached my weight loss goal.

Replies

• rubix08
    rubix08 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Grats on reaching, and maintaining your goal weight! My feeling about extra exercise is that it probably won't hurt as long as your not straining yourself just to get it in, but if you are feeling up too it then why not? I generally don't work out on Saturdays because I am so busy at work and am usually tired so I will take it as a rest day but if I get home and am in the mood for a workout (usually a jog) then I will throw on my running shoes and head out. There are times when I feel like I should incorporate more workouts into my schedule but my routine so far has been working well and I'm not worn to the ground.

Maybe if you really want to do more exercise try something new instead of repeating a workout from earlier in the week, or just do a shorter session.
  • willowdancer
    Options
    I would add in more strength training to build and tone muscle all over your body; it keeps your metabolism high and has so many benefits with keeping your strong and healthy over the years :)