kickboxing DVDs?

Options
Has anyone tried them? Which one(s) have been your favorite(s)?

I need to get better motivated to workout and I'm pretty lazy... But I love kickboxing. If you give me some help on which DVDs I should try (or avoid), I would be super happy and very appreciative. Thanks for your time!

Replies

• smiley245
    smiley245 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I like Turbo Jam, the beat is good, the moves can be modified if need be (lower impact) Ikeep coming back to it every time.
    I also have old Tae bo (Billy Blanks) VHS lol hes not as fun though
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I have Jillian Michaels and love it.
    There are 3 workouts that can be done separately or all together and only 20mins each. I usually burn over 200cals per workout

Workout 1 focuses on upper body
    Workout 2 on lower body
    Workout 3 on Core/Abs

Plus there is a tutorial so you can learn the different kicks, punches and what not
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Turbofire.
  • anaboneana
    anaboneana Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    thanks for the responses, guys!

i've heard of turbojam/turbo fire.. actually almost picked them up at the store! definitely going to try those.

as much as i love jillian, i'm not really fond of her workout dvds.. but, maybe i'll have to try those, too.
  • cehinton
    Options
    Hang up a Heavy Bag at home. I understand that a lot of people just cannot hang up a heavy bag, but it you can, I have an excellent program that takes you round by round thru TEN different kickboxing workouts, so that each time you're doing different combinations and learning new stuff.
    The best thing about working out at home is that its FREE, and can be done at ANY TIME that's convenient for you, and nowhere to drive! (Plus you get to control the music!)
    You may want to check out my program at www.kickboxingathome.com and read about it and see if you think its the right program for you.
    If not, really ANY kickboxing program will get you into shape, and will probably be fun, so the most important thing is: just find something you enjoy doing and DO it. THAT you do is more important than HOW you do.