Question about EA Sports Active resistance band

Options
Hello!

I have been using the EA Sports Active Personal Trainer game for the Wii as part of my workout efforts since the beginning of the year. Somewhere towards the end of finishing my first 30 day challenge, the resistance band (that came with the program) broke. I went out to Target and bought a new resistance band (one that was much stronger and actually offered me greater resistance). The only problem is that the new resistance band has big clunky holders and its a lot to hang on to (both the bulky holders for the band in each hand and the wii remote and nunchuck).

Just wondering if anyone else out there uses this game/workout and has had this issue or has any suggestions?

I really love this workout.. I'm 2 workouts away from finishing the 2nd 30 day challenge on the harder level. I'd like to continue utilizing this game but don't want to get frustrated with the logistics!

Thanks for your help!

Replies

• cmurphy04722
    Options
    My boyfriend and I also broke the standard bands that come with the game. I have heavy duty resistance bands from doing yoga and we use those. I attached the black straps from the original EA Active resistance bands onto the better bands. Or you could do without the handles at all-which I've done before. If you bought new bands that have built-in handles, I'm not sure what to advise...maybe hold onto the band itself and ignore the clunky handles?
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    I attached the black straps from the original EA Active resistance bands onto the better bands.

Or you could do without the handles at all-which I've done before.

If you bought new bands that have built-in handles, ...maybe hold onto the band itself and ignore the clunky handles?

I was going to recommend all three of these!
  • rumbleford04
    Options
    I didn't break my original band, but it isn't enough for me...so here is what I am going to do.

I shopped around for three things:

1. A set of resistance bands of all different strengths (sold all over the internet)

2. A set of just workout handles (also sold all over the internet) Here is one sit I looked at (http://www.americarx.com/Products/10093.html)

Finally,

3. Two carabiners per resistance band. (Again, also found all over the internet) Here is a list off google shopping: (http://www.google.com/products?hl=en&resnum=0&q=carabiner&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=me2TS4_tCI7-M9a-iY4N&sa=X&oi=product_result_group&ct=title&resnum=3&ved=0CCkQrQQwAg)

Now what you do is tie off one carabiner to each end of each resistance band and when you want to workout just clip the carabiner onto the handles. You can use one at a time or add resisance and use multiples at a time.

Good luck and have fun!!!
  • seashell01
    Options
    I had the same problem and decided not to use the bands at all anymore. Instead, I use wrist weights, which actually seem to give me a better workout (much more consistent!). Good luck with whatever you decide to do!
  • shellgib
    shellgib Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I actually just got back from target where I bought new wrist wts that are 2 lbs each. I tried different resist. bands but couldn't get one that was just right and I am able to be more consistent in my form with the wrist weights, plus I don't have to hold on to anything else but the remotes. the wrist weights were only $12 at target, btw.
  • Cathyvil
    Cathyvil Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I also bought a set of three different resistance bands after I finished my first 30 day challenge. The original was still in tact, but I wanted something stronger. I too just attached the old black straps to the new bands. I really like the idea of adding the wrist weights. I was thinking of picking some up anyway. Now I have another reason to get them. Thanks :)
  • bigcfarmdee
    Options
    I forgot to mention that I also bought weighted gloves (1 lb each) at the same time and have been using and enjoying the added bonus they offer. I do think that I'm ready for heavier weights though. I appreciate all of your replies and ideas! Thanks again and best of luck on your health goals!