fitting into my FIRST sexy costume

Options
In a few weeks time I will be attending my first party (I'm 18 ) and the theme is mexican so I decided to go as a matador to stand out. I am buying my outfit online and I measured my bust hips and waist, because of my bust size I need to buy the smaller size costume. My waist was 1inch too big for it and my hips just fit into the measurements.
But as there's a big chance it will be too snug I am needing to lose weight/slim down for it just in case.

What can I do to make my hips and waist measurement smaller? (What exercises etc)
The party is in two maybe thre weeks, will that be enough time?
I don't want to buy the bigger size as its too big.

6431-Sexy-Bullfighter-Costume-large.jpg

Replies

• buzzcogs
    buzzcogs Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Someone else may have to help out here but I've heard of spanx:
    http://www.spanx.com

It's "shapewear" and some people swear by them. Back in the day they used to call them girtles but I've worn something like them when I wanted to wear something clingy or tight. It should be able to compress the inch that you need to compress!

Hopefully somebody else will chime in. But the nature of us ladies is sometimes we bloat so it is hard to control the random inch or so. I'm also betting that they have built some "tolerance" into the outfit.

Have fun at your party!
  • lisaelainee
    lisaelainee Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Thought I would add in that I have a stepper, treadmill (I cannot run to save my life) and a stationary bike at home, I can't spend too much $$ as I'm neary broke.
  • caaarolinav
    caaarolinav Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I second the shapewear advice. It will make everything look NICE. I'm not sure what type of exercise you can do that will get you the desired results in 2-3 weeks, but if I were you I'd have the shapewear as a back up.
  • scrappy25
    scrappy25 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    for short term waist trimming without exercise a low carb diet and calorie restriction works wonders; it is just not sustainable for most people for the long term. For long term, caloric restriction and toning works the best (weight lifting, kettlebells, etc).
  • BigRich822
    Options
    Well where's the pics of you in it!
  • lisaelainee
    lisaelainee Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I'm buying it online today, I promise to post pictures if it fits haha