Anyone else just cutting down on portion size?

Hi, I'm fairly new and I am going to try to lose a few pounds by just eating what I would regularly eat but just cut way down on portion size. Also I am increasing my daily activity (exercise). Has anyone does this and has it worked? I am not one to eat all organic foods and totally cut out sugar or anything. I have 3 young children and I want to be able to eat what the rest of my family eats. We do eat fairly healthy though. I just want to here from those who have lost weight primarily by just cutting down how much they ate.

Thanks.

Replies

• FitMomof3
    FitMomof3 Posts: 147
    Hi, I'm fairly new and I am going to try to lose a few pounds by just eating what I would regularly eat but just cut way down on portion size. Also I am increasing my daily activity (exercise). Has anyone does this and has it worked? I am not one to eat all organic foods and totally cut out sugar or anything. I have 3 young children and I want to be able to eat what the rest of my family eats. We do eat fairly healthy though. I just want to here from those who have lost weight primarily by just cutting down how much they ate.

Thanks.
  • LokiFae
    LokiFae Posts: 774 Member
    That's what I do. I eat everything my husband eats, only a smaller portion. I tried to eat different things from him, but it was just too difficult to make two dinners. It has worked for me, beautifully. Good luck!
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    thats pretty much what i do. I have a pretty healthy diet, and never have been a fan of fast food, so i do not eat fast food, but when it comes to casseroles and mayo, i just account for it and stay in my limits and it works!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    thats pretty much what I do too....... Although I do try to choose lower cal options (ex- low-cal cheese etc). Mostly I eat the things I have always eaten, but about a 1/3 as much.... which, incredibly, still fills me up just as well!
  • Hi, I'm fairly new and I am going to try to lose a few pounds by just eating what I would regularly eat but just cut way down on portion size. Also I am increasing my daily activity (exercise). Has anyone does this and has it worked? I am not one to eat all organic foods and totally cut out sugar or anything. I have 3 young children and I want to be able to eat what the rest of my family eats. We do eat fairly healthy though. I just want to here from those who have lost weight primarily by just cutting down how much they ate.

Thanks.
    YES!!!:happy: I have seriously cut down my portions and I try to exercise at least 5 times a week for 45 mintues per session. I've trimmed down 14 pounds thus far, and I'm doing it in a healthy way!:heart: I try not to deprive myself of the foods I love, but I didn't really eat bad in the first place---I just ate too much of everything!:frown: I have purchased "sectional" plates for my house, and that way I don't overeat! It may seem tough initially, but there's NOTHING like seeing the pounds drop and the clothes fitting better!:bigsmile: :bigsmile: Oh....and I've started sharing foods in restaurants with my 4-year-old son! Saves me calories and money at the same time!!!:drinker:
  • kaychic
    kaychic Posts: 8
    Definitely works. Almost everything we consume is more than a standard portion - I was shocked when I first discovered how much a portion of cereal is, which does not fit the typical cereal bowl. I pay attention to my portion sizes all the time now.
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member

Thanks.

That is what I'm doing too, but I already have cut out refined carbs like white bread, white rice, white pasta and have replaced them with a whole-grain bread, brown rice (or wild rice, or barley or quinoa) and Barilla's pasta (though I even try to avoid that because I can't stop eating it.) No sodas, not even diet; and nothing with high-fructose corn syrup in it.

I am losing weight, about 2 pounds a week.
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Exactly.