Revised "Comfort Foods"

Options
K.... so the other day I had a sample of sweet potato fries at Costco and realized... wow, I like sweet potatoes AFTER ALL!

The way my mom made them? HATED 'em!

But as tasty treats with no trans fat and lots of Vitamin A? So I bought some today! Ok, yeah, starchy carbs but hey, I had more than my fair share today and still am under my calorie goal! WIN! New comfort food found!

Anyone else discover a new comfort food on their journey here?

Replies

• Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    More to the point, does anyone know if you can buy these anywhere in the Uk ?
  • tdbad1
    tdbad1 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    to be honest...im loving my shakes. I started the "body by vi" product and OMG...everything is like cake!!! i love it. I can add other stuff in it to make different flavors too. It's like having dessert twice a day. the added bonus that it is assisting me in loosing weight and inches is FANFREAKNTASTIC!!! (17lbs and 6 inches in first 2 weeks....i started it before i started MFP)

I think im in love!!

I know there are gonna be some bashers, but keep in mind this is just my opinion. It's something i chose and in the end if it's working for me, im gonna work with it no matter what you say.
  • flobeedoodle
    flobeedoodle Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I know there are gonna be some bashers, but keep in mind this is just my opinion. It's something i chose and in the end if it's working for me, im gonna work with it no matter what you say.

Free will and autonomy, baby. If it makes you happy, and doesn't hurt anyone else, go for it. More to the point, if you feel good about your choice, and feel like it is helping you, (and, I suppose, that you appreciate that it may be helping you because you like it, not necessarily because it is an otherwise superior product, but whatever,) I don't see how anyone could hate on that. I wish you all the success in the world, and applaud your ability to recognize the importance of your own sense of self-determination.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Oh lots!! A few I can think of off the top of my head:

Blackened catfish
    Roasted brussel sprouts
    Bean and turkey chili
    Pork tenderloin roasted with root vegetables
    Portabella 'burgers' with provolone and grilled onion
    Mashed cauliflower, turnips, and/or parsnips with mushroom gravy
    Homemade vegetable soup
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    to be honest...im loving my shakes. I started the "body by vi" product and OMG...everything is like cake!!! i love it. I can add other stuff in it to make different flavors too. It's like having dessert twice a day. the added bonus that it is assisting me in loosing weight and inches is FANFREAKNTASTIC!!! (17lbs and 6 inches in first 2 weeks....i started it before i started MFP)

I think im in love!!

Good for you!! If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Congrats on your success so far.
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    They are a complex carb though so are better than plain white potatoes. I love sweet potatoes!