The Hairy Dieters

Options
Now i have this book but i have not tried it yet and a bloke at work is shedding lbs by the bucket just making stuff from the book and doing absolutly no exercise at all....

Anyone else tried the recipies in the book and did they work for you ??

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hairy-Dieters-Love-Food-Weight/dp/0297869051

Replies

• melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I've tried a few of them, they're pretty good!
  • CarolinaMoon76
    Options
    Yes! We have made a couple of things and they are great.
  • thethei
    Options
    I've been living out of the book for nearly three months and in combination with MFP nearly lost three stone. The recipes are really tasty.
  • janiesue101
    janiesue101 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    They have several books and was wondering which copy you have and like? Thanks!
  • jasperuk
    Options
    The Hairy Dieters: How to Love Food and Lose Weight
  • tcalamity
    tcalamity Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Ive tried a few and they were fab. I made the leak lasagne but I adapted it to use quorn mince which made it even less cals but it was still lovely and filling. The only thing with that recipe you need big leeks for the coverage. x
  • Clcleeds2012
    Options
    My hairdresser recommended it to me the other day. Apparently you can get it from Tesco for 6/7 pounds. Think I'll add it to the weekly shop!
  • gjulie
    gjulie Posts: 391
    Options
    I love the two of them.T shows are great!
  • nas061
    nas061 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I've not got a copy yet, but the reviews on Amazon are very positive
  • Lazytoad2001
    Lazytoad2001 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I love it and its also given me loads of ideas on how I could adapt other Hairy Bikers recipes too :)
  • aimiee88
    aimiee88 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I borrowed this book off my friend to take a few receipes out to try, and I have actually brought this as there were so many!
    Being veggie, I was abit unsure of what I could eat - but most receipes I can change to suit me!

Cant wait for it to arrive!!!!!
  • PrinnyBomb
    PrinnyBomb Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    They're delicious! Tesco sell it too
  • bufger
    bufger Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I got it for my kindle for next to nothing. They have some excellent ideas, im hoping other top chefs will get on board and show healthy alternatives next to their normal counterparts
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    I've got the book and haven't got round to making the recipes, but I've enjoyed reading it! I'm just not very good at following recipes.

One thing I noticed was that they make a basic white sauce with cornflour (instead of flour and butter), which is something I hadn't done in years, so I've started using that idea. I love cauliflower cheese, so have been making a lower fat version using a cornflour and skimmed milk sauce.

Another thing they do is using pizza or bread mix instead of pastry for pies and pasties. I might give that a go sometime too.
  • SuzMcH
    SuzMcH Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I've got it and made a few things. I love the burgers and am going to make a curry this weekend.

I thought the lasagne recipe sounded fiddly with the leeks instead of pasta. Maybe I'll give it a go and using quorn mince is a good idea.
  • aimiee88
    aimiee88 Posts: 47 Member
    Options

I thought the lasagne recipe sounded fiddly with the leeks instead of pasta. Maybe I'll give it a go and using quorn mince is a good idea.

The Lasagne is amazing! My friend cooked it for us, and we were all abit :S about it, but it was REALLY tasty. She made it with Quorn mince as my partner and I are veggies, and she said is was faily easy, not as hard as it seems!

Give it a go =)
  • nyla23608
    nyla23608 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    bump
  • wrentrotter
    Options
    A lot of the recipes from the series are here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/search?programmes[]=p00vq8c6

The lasagne recipe is there and it looked yum!
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I have the book, got it from Asda, but so far not tried any recipes but they do look tasty & fairly easy

TBH I am losing OK on my current meals and am a bit wary of too much variation just in case it backfires, maybe as I get closer to maintenance I will branch out a bit
  • katyrayner1
    katyrayner1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Love this book and am slowly working through it. . My favourites so far are the lamb curry, the cottage pie and the tuna on spaghetti.

Currently on Amazon for £7 with free delivery.