best workout DVD

Options
Hi all

can you tell me what is the best workout dvd ?

i have to burn 1400 calories per week and there are alot of varieties in the market. IAM CONFUSED

MY FITNESS LEVEL IS BEGINNER MODERATE

Thanks in advnace for the assistance

Replies

• Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    You don't need to buy any..go on YouTube ..there are loads of different ones, I use fitness blender ALOT...and they're free!
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    The best one is the one that you will do and stick to. So what do you enjoy? If it's dancing, then pick a dance-based one. If you want to incorporate some weights, then choose one that does that. The Jillian Michaels ones are very popular, but some people can't stand her.

Most are available on YouTube, if you want to have a bit of a surf around and see if you can find one that makes you go "Oh, I wanna do that!"
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    I think everyone had different tastes but I really like Jillian Michaels DVD's. The workouts are usually 20-30 mind so easy to fit in and I've definitely seen results!
  • Kimjanebrooks
    Kimjanebrooks Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    My MFP buddies have all recommended anything by Jillian Michaels (I have 30 day shred, ripped in 30, no more trouble zones and 6 week 6 pack). Another friend also recommended Yogalosophy which I have just ordered.
    The results people have recorded on MFP from doing Jillian Michaels 30 day shred is amazing. I think you can download them from utube.
  • aimiee88
    aimiee88 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    The 30 day shred is also on youtube! I am working on that now, its hard work but already seeing results..cant wait to record after 30days!!
    If you go through the success boards you can see people that have done the 30day shred before and after pics and they are amazing!
  • sazidelbi
    sazidelbi Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I used to find the problem with DVDs was that I would get bored because you can only watch the same 20-30 minute work out so many times.

However, I found that Claire Sweeney's Perfect Fit DVD was the best for getting around this. Really good for beginners, with sufficient expansion for when you get more fit. The work outs are constructed on how much time you have. So you can put together a workout from 15mins to 1hour, meaning you can always squeeze in a workout dvd no matter how little time you have, and you dont feel impending doom that you are tied to a 30 minute work out.

The work outs are made of 5 minute exercises, and there are LOADS of them so it is less likely you will get bored! Check it out.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B000BRBA10
  • JeninBelgium
    JeninBelgium Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I like collagevideo.com as a source for my workout dvds- because you can select dvds based on your level, interest (dance-y, strength training, whatever, equipment- step, weights, ball?) and then once you have selected your "filters" you receive a list of dvds with those criteria AND each dvd has been tested by a certified trainer who reviews it and let's you know what to expect, plus there are a lot of customer reviews- I find this very helpful and finally, important for me, they ship just about everywhere- since I am in Belgium this is handy as exercise DVDs are as rare as hen's teeth around here !
  • JeninBelgium
    JeninBelgium Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I used to find the problem with DVDs was that I would get bored because you can only watch the same 20-30 minute work out so many times.

However, I found that Claire Sweeney's Perfect Fit DVD was the best for getting around this. Really good for beginners, with sufficient expansion for when you get more fit. The work outs are constructed on how much time you have. So you can put together a workout from 15mins to 1hour, meaning you can always squeeze in a workout dvd no matter how little time you have, and you dont feel impending doom that you are tied to a 30 minute work out.

The work outs are made of 5 minute exercises, and there are LOADS of them so it is less likely you will get bored! Check it out.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B000BRBA10

This one may be ok but I purchased the UK Weight Watchers DVD move more (which also allows you to adjust your workout time) and I wanted to PUNCH THE INSTRUCTOR HARD and not just for kickboxing practice- she was clearly bored with the workout and irritated with her students- generally though I think WW makes great beginners DVDs so I will have to check this one out
  • LifeIsNotADressRehearsal
    Options
    Can't say enough about Jillian Michaels DVDs! I had never done a workout dvd in my life until I started 30 day shred in February. I followed that with Ripped in 30, KB&T, 6W6P, NMTZ and BFBM! All DVDs were around $10! Starting JMBR on November 15 and am so excited! I'm 49 and in the best shape of my life. As long as you stick with her, you'll love the results from her DVDs! Good luck!
  • craftybirdy
    Options
    You can also try bodyrock.tv. It's not a dvd but a web site. They put up new workouts every couple of days. They are free, ususally only take about 12-15 mins and while they look hard initally, you can adjust them to your fitness level.
  • PinkHurricane88
    PinkHurricane88 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    There are so many different types of workout DVDs to try and it's all about what excites you and fits you best. I love P90X and Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred, which I am currently doing now before giving P90X another go. Also my husband and I have Insanity and we are going to start that after I finish with my 30 Day Shred cycle. Zumba is a lot of fun too, so it's all about trying different things and seeing what you like best.
  • Kebby83
    Kebby83 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I use jillian M's 30 day shred and bob harpers cardio DVD's. I like them, I get bored of Jillian though. I don't get bored of bob - more to look at if you know what I mean!
  • Cutie44404
    Options
    I use jillian M's 30 day shred and bob harpers cardio DVD's. I like them, I get bored of Jillian though. I don't get bored of bob - more to look at if you know what I mean!

do not you find Jillian Ms 30 day hard !!!
  • AkashaDeville
    Options
    I've done and completed 30DS
    and now I'm half way of completing P90X - which is - in my opinion - the best DVD EVER made !! - it's muscle confusion and it really WORKS!!
  • tami101
    tami101 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I love Leslie Sansone's walk at home dvd's. They are great for beginners. I definitely give her videos credit for at least 20lbs and 4 inches off my hips! =)
  • sdtorgerson
    sdtorgerson Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    LOVE, LOVE. LOVE TurboFire and Les Mills PUMP from Beachbody.. Come with multiple DVD's so you never get bored and the music is awesome!!
  • slimfitnessmoms
    slimfitnessmoms Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Insanity! Got the best results with that one.
  • Cutie44404
    Options
    Can't say enough about Jillian Michaels DVDs! I had never done a workout dvd in my life until I started 30 day shred in February. I followed that with Ripped in 30, KB&T, 6W6P, NMTZ and BFBM! All DVDs were around $10! Starting JMBR on November 15 and am so excited! I'm 49 and in the best shape of my life. As long as you stick with her, you'll love the results from her DVDs! Good luck!

thanks for da reply , pls tell me whati is BFBM ?
  • LifeIsNotADressRehearsal
    Options

thanks for da reply , pls tell me whati is BFBM ?

It's Banish Fat Boost Metabolism. It is one tough cardio workout and I do it 1-2 times per week along with No More Trouble Zones (more strength than cardio) 3-4 times per week....until I start JMBR on the 15th! Very excited about that!