Major Plateau

Options
Im usually losing about a pound a week. But this last month I lost 5 and in the last 2 weeks the scale has gone up =0
Ive been raking leaves for exercise and eating in my calorie allotment. Its getting very annoying. Yesterday I ate much less than usual to see a drop today and instead up 2 more pounds ...UGhhh

Replies

• sixpacklady
    sixpacklady Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Are you getting closer to your goal? The last 10-15 is a toughie. Hang in there.

Try changing your exercise routine, maybe something more intense. Also try adjusting your calories, sometimes a boost in food intake will help. Weird, but true!!
  • Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    You may not be getting enough calories. If you are keeping you calorie goal low and burning a lot of calories your body will go into starvation mode and you metabolism will slow down in order to conserve the calories. You need 1200 calories a day just for your body to function properly. Check it out, it's worth a try. Also, how are your clothes fitting and check your measurements. Muscle weighs more than fat.
  • Rubyayn
    Rubyayn Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I just came off of a three month plateau by increasing calories to 2100 (5"4' and 138 lbs). I also reduced my cardio and added in a lot more heavy lifting. BAM... four pounds gone. :)
  • MrsNANSEE
    Options
    Ive had a sts and a gain in the past two weeks.Ive not been able to exercise and have been way under my daily cals.So i kinda know why.I intend to try and do some exercise and eat my 1200 cals a day.Lots of veg ,salad and water for me for the next 7 days!! Add me as a freind and we can see how we both get on xx
  • rcalvert1
    rcalvert1 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    bump
  • emmie0622
    emmie0622 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    This is a good site for zig zagging calories - can get you out of a plateau - http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm