The Walking Dead Ep 4 Discussion....beware Spoilers.

Options
Charlie003
Charlie003 Posts: 1,333 Member
Having read the comics and watched the show, I find that the show went out of their way to try and redeem Lori by having her sacrifice herself for the baby. Now I am not a Dr, So I am unclear if she would have died from blood loss anyways. If so, not really a sacrifice at all.

How did the inmate get back inside the prison? Unless he scaled the walls, then there is a major weak spot in the defenses.

There were a boatload of walkers, you would think someone would have noticed it.

Poor T-Dog. I guess the show can only have one black man at a time. I wonder if he will be the shows version of Tyrese.

Replies

• peuglow
    peuglow Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    I still don't like Lori. Or that blonde chick who's with Michonne right now (can never remember her name).

Can't wait for the reunion of Merle and Daryl
  • Jenny_Taylia
    Jenny_Taylia Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    I cried :(
  • Charlie003
    Options
    I still don't like Lori. Or that blonde chick who's with Michonne right now (can never remember her name).

Can't wait for the reunion of Merle and Daryl

Her name is Andrea. Yeah, she is a power-*kitten*. Plus she thinks she knows better than everyone else. Kind of snobby.
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    I also cried, I always liked Lori, I know, I know, but I still liked her. I don't understand the 'sacrifice' though. Do you know the odds of a baby surviving in a time like that? How are they going to feed it? She took it's milk with her! It didn't make a whole lot of sense to me. Also, I'm not a doctor either, but I've had a couple of kids myself, and been in the delivery for a few more, you don't have two contractions and start pushing. If you start pushing too early, you will certainly bleed as you would tear your not yet ready cervix. It wasn't so much a sacrifice as it was stupidity.
  • Charlie003
    Options

For Lori or T-Dog?
  • Monwilli
    Options
    I think the only time I was sad was when T-Dog died and the ending cause it was overly emotional. Didn't feel sorry for Lori at all, and seriously! She could've just been unconscious because they never really did check her pulse or anything.
  • Charlie003
    Options
    I also cried, I always liked Lori, I know, I know, but I still liked her. I don't understand the 'sacrifice' though. Do you know the odds of a baby surviving in a time like that? How are they going to feed it? She took it's milk with her! It didn't make a whole lot of sense to me. Also, I'm not a doctor either, but I've had a couple of kids myself, and been in the delivery for a few more, you don't have two contractions and start pushing. If you start pushing too early, you will certainly bleed as you would tear your not yet ready cervix. It wasn't so much a sacrifice as it was stupidity.

But would she have died from the blood loss?
  • Charlie003
    Options
    I think the only time I was sad was when T-Dog died and the ending cause it was overly emotional. Didn't feel sorry for Lori at all, and seriously! She could've just been unconscious because they never really did check her pulse or anything.

Carl "QuickDraw"Grimes. But dad, she would not let me out of the house.
  • Jenny_Taylia
    Jenny_Taylia Posts: 540 Member
    Options

For Lori or T-Dog?

Hmmm...the dad? Not sure of his name.
    When they walked to the yard and the dad was all like no no no then looked at the boy and then said no no no no again and he broke down on the ground. Thats when I lost it.
  • n2thenight24
    Options

From the c section, yes. Without someone knowledgeable to cut her right and sew her up correctly. From the torn cervix? Maybe, not necessarily. It would depend on the severity of the tear, where the tear was etc. But generally, if you just wait, your cervix will dilate to 10, it may take time though, and the baby will come. That's why some woman labor for 72 hours, these things take time.
  • n2thenight24
    Options

Oh wait, you meant when they first cut her?! No, that didn't kill her, the writers of the show said they did research that showed that she would have passed out immediately. She wasn't dead when Carl shot her in the head, only unconscious.
  • Charlie003
    Options

From the c section, yes. Without someone knowledgeable to cut her right and sew her up correctly. From the torn cervix? Maybe, not necessarily. It would depend on the severity of the tear, where the tear was etc. But generally, if you just wait, your cervix will dilate to 10, it may take time though, and the baby will come. That's why some woman labor for 72 hours, these things take time.

So, there was no real need to do the c-section, or would the baby die if they waited?
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    I seriously thought rick was going to hit maggie or carl.

and the two inmates said a whole chunk of fence is down....may need to FIX THAT.

The baby has to die at some point, think about it. Hiding from walkers and you have a hungry infant? all babies do is poop, eat, and scream. theres no way its going to survive.

t dog broke my heart.

now-i think the governor is pushing tea drinking a little too hard. somethings up.
  • n2thenight24
    Options
    Baby wouldn't have died, we are meant to have babies. That's what our bodies are meant to do. Babies don't breath oxygen, they get it through their cords, from their mothers, that's why they can stay squeezed in the birth canal for so long without problem, C sections are almost never required, they are just performed because the woman is tired, or not coming along quickly enough. Not saying that every one that has a c section had it unnecessarily, but studies show that many of them are certainly not needed. Chances are, with a little more patience, they both would have been fine.
  • polar135
    polar135 Posts: 319 Member
    Options

i teared u also.
  • Debi907
    Debi907 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Loved this episode. Liked that they ran both storylines, from the compound & the prison. I was not a big fan of Lori but I sure didn't want her to die that way! And I sure didn't want T-Dog to die. :(
  • raynavarro
    Options
    Didn't get phased over Lori. I cried for Rick - realizing his son had to kill his mom. But this is kind of Rick's fault. I couldn't figure out why he locked that kid outside with the walkers anyway. The kid was just running, wasn't trying to kill anyone. He let the other two survive. The kid looked like he went over the edge, just wanted his revenge.
  • Charlie003
    Options

i teared u also.

yOU WOULD THINK WHEN SURROUNDED YOU WOULD TAKE THE TIME TO CHECK YOUR BACKSIDE.
  • bankstisha
    bankstisha Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    how do we really know she is dead? they didn't show Carl shooting her, we just heard a shot. carol is still somewhere in the prison, right? how do we know she doesn't find Lori, who Carl didn't actually shoot, and stiches her up and takes care of her? stranger things have happened. like that guy finding his way back in the prison. how the heck did he do that anyway?????
  • raynavarro
    Options
    I loved Meryle by the way. "Yep, always had a way with words, didn't I?" Priceless.