Can't see any progress

Options
Hi all,

Feeling frustrated as to me there doesnt seem to be any progress between latest picture of me taken this weekend and previous time. If anything look fatter.

Do you see any difference?

Firstly this is me at my heaviest (approx 258lbs)

2dd5915f.png

Then me 6 weeks ago around 230lbs

fe29e5b2.jpg

Now me from this weekend at 222 lbs.

68452_10152251400865584_686727605_n.jpg

Obviously big change from 1st picture but not seeing it with the latter 2. Is it just me?

Replies

• ktaqt3399
    ktaqt3399 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    i totally see it. its hard to see differences in ourselves but i see the difference...you are slimmer and more toned dont get discouraged
  • BeeRobin
    BeeRobin Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I can see it! Definitely in your chin and cheeks.

I learned a couple things in my weight loss journey--it takes a really long time for our own eyes to see the difference in ourselves. We often times, lived so long denying our weight gain, it takes time for our brain to register the changes others see.

Other people tell you that you look great, right?
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    8 pounds lost in 6 weeks is a good loss rate

just keep going
  • bufger
    bufger Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Dude its a massive difference between the first pic and the second two. You wont see much difference between the second and third as thats 8lb and its obviously coming off from your whole body so it may not have been your face for that 8lb.

Lighting and the photos in general make a big difference. I take my progress pics in the same mirror at the same angle in the same lighting. Also get some full body photos to give yourself a better indication

Keep going, you're doing well!
  • persuader1
    persuader1 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Defo see it in your face mate.
  • AnneC77
    AnneC77 Posts: 284
    Options
    I am the same OP, I cannot see any difference, yet people say that they can see it. But in your pictures, I can really see a difference. Your face is a lot slimmer and so are your shoulders. Well done and keep it up!
  • kiangel
    kiangel Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    YES what a difference !!
  • hughtwalker
    hughtwalker Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    looks happier as well- now, can you get into that suit and pose in the exactly the same place to reproduce the first picture? - then you're bound to see a difference.

Don't trust yourself - you see yourself everyday so don't notice the changes
  • RosscoBoscko
    RosscoBoscko Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Thanks all. Guess it may be a mental block on my part. Have low self esteem so to me i still fell fat and ugly.

Bufger, didn't take any full body photos at the beginning, took one a few weeks back at gym but too embarassed to post really. Still disgustingly fat in my eyes. and feels a bit odd posting a pic of me stood in boxers!!

Guess need to do proper side, back and front pics to track it going forward.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Man, you need to look closer at your photos. You've lost what looks like a pound of chin, and you can't see it? And I thought I was bad about not seeing myself clearly. Keep up the good work, the difference is there! :drinker:
  • sarahbrown1015
    sarahbrown1015 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    huge difference in your face!
  • joanmoon4
    Options
    I can definitely see a difference - keep up the great work~ I just started and you've encouraged me already.:smile:
  • Gianna5587
    Gianna5587 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    You look younger somehow too!
  • tpotey
    tpotey Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I see a big difference. You even look younger. Keep up the hard work
  • cardfanzz
    Options
    I see a difference particularly in your face...You do look younger too! Keep it up...it can be frustrating but we see a change!
  • maggiemay22467
    maggiemay22467 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    OMG yes you can see it big big change
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    I see the difference in your face. You need to relax! As a heavy person it takes 25-35 pound intervals for me to see a difference. For you it may be even more. Just don't get discouraged and keep doing what you are doing (maybe even better)!
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    I can see the difference. Your face looks smaller. Just relax, you will see it eventually. I have lost over 100 pounds,and I JUST NOW can really see the difference. Your mind just keeps seeing the same fat person you have been for a long time I think. But just keep doing what you are doing, and you will see it one day!
  • snowstorm94
    Options
    you look great! i see a huge difference!
  • hughtwalker
    hughtwalker Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    you look great! i see a huge difference!
    Well, if I were you, I'd be too busy swooning over this comment from "snowstorm94" to bother with feelings of low esteem.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!