Edamame Beans!

Options
Hi all UK'ers, anyone know where I can get some fresh Edamame Beans still in their nice green pods from in the UK?

I have been pulling my hair out trying to find them, the best I've got so far is some out of their pods, baked and covered in unhealthy stuff (taste so good though) I'd prefer fresh though, if anyone knows!

Thanks so much. Have a good day (: :flowerforyou: Love T x:happy:

Replies

• liz79
    liz79 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Tesco sell them Frozen but they are called Soya Beans - hope that helps
  • tanyewest
    tanyewest Posts: 113
    Options
    I'll give it ago - thank you!
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    It s funny how depending on where you live dictates what you get. You can find edamame beans in just about EVERY grocery store in California. They're delish boiled with a tiny bit of salt!
  • tanyewest
    tanyewest Posts: 113
    Options
    Yes I know they taste great like that, that's how I like them! You have to scratch your eye balls out to get them in the UK. Wagamama sell them as a starter in their resturants, with sprinkle of salt and chilil flakes. Lovely!! :happy:
  • DG82
    DG82 Posts: 105
    Options
    Never tried these... what is the taste comparable to exactly? Any comments?? :-)
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Never tried these... what is the taste comparable to exactly? Any comments?? :-)

It's kind of a nutty-ish flavor. It's hard to explain. But they're full of protein so they keep me full forever.
  • DG82
    DG82 Posts: 105
    Options
    Hmm I'm gonna have to give these a try :-) I'm always up for trying some new things! Thanks.
  • HeatherBurke
    Options
    I live in the south (Arkansas), I can't find them either!! I want some sooooo bad! I wonder if maybe I'm just looking them over at wal mart??
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    I live in the south (Arkansas), I can't find them either!! I want some sooooo bad! I wonder if maybe I'm just looking them over at wal mart??

I had looked everywhere short of the super expensive health food stores in town (I live in a decent sized city). To my complete astonishment, I found them at Walmart yesterday in the frozen veggie section. They had them in the pods & out. I'm in South Carolina so I'm betting you'll find them at Walmart in AR, too! I was at one of the more rural Walmarts close to where I work (yes, I live downtown & then drive out to the boonies to work in an office building. :grumble:).
  • HeatherBurke
    Options

I had looked everywhere short of the super expensive health food stores in town (I live in a decent sized city). To my complete astonishment, I found them at Walmart yesterday in the frozen veggie section. They had them in the pods & out. I'm in South Carolina so I'm betting you'll find them at Walmart in AR, too!

Awesome!! Do you recall what brand they were? Did they call them Edamame or something else?
  • LittleSpy
    Options
    Awesome!! Do you recall what brand they were? Did they call them Edamame or something else?

I don't recall the brand, but they were definitely called Edamame. They were placed on the very top shelf. I wasn't even looking for them, I was looking for a stir fry veggie mix and they were in the same case as that on the top shelf. I just happened to look up. If you send me a message on MFP I'll check the brand for you when I get home from work tonight.
  • LittleSpy
    Options

Here they are!
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Seapoint-Farms-Edamame-Shelled-Soybeans-16-oz/10850096
  • leasah
    leasah Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Our Walmart has them only in the frozen food section and they are with the organic and vegan foods.
  • HeatherBurke
    Options
    Thank you!!
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    I have purchased the ones mentioned from Walmart--only saw the ones out of the pod in the frozen food section, but I wasn't looking for the ones in pods. I avoid them. If you have a Trader Joe's, they also have frozen in and out of the pod, and they do have some "ready to eat" in the refigerated section near produce and cheeses, BUT, I avoid these as well since ONE serving has 400 MILLIGRAMS of sodium.

I use them as an addition to a meal that might be a little light on protein--they add protein without many calories.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    bump