Nike Fuelband/Sportband

Does anyone have one? Are they easy to use. Pros? Cons?

Thanks!

2012-11-06-08-20-38-1357873043.jpg2012-11-06-08-45-50--1464792467.jpg

Replies

• Bluescat1
    Bluescat1 Posts: 207 Member
    PRO: I LOVE mine. It's a great tool for motivation, and it looks cool too.
    I still use MFP for logging in my calories, but I find that the Fuelband helps me get to my goal everyday
    I wear mine 24/7.

CON: I don't know of any.
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    PRO: Cool watch.

CONS: Very inaccurate.
  • phyre_5
    phyre_5 Posts: 52 Member
    It is great motivation to keep moving throughout the day. You're essentially competing with yourself (and friends if you so choose) - I love my fuelband. I actually forgot to put it on this morning so I'm feeling rather naked right now! I've already lost a good couple of hours to earn fuel. I ordered an HRM for accurate calories burned during exercise, so that coupled with my fuelband and I should be set. No complaints here!
  • dawnshot
    dawnshot Posts: 137 Member
    I've got the Sportsband, and I think it's great. Quite accurate too if you calibrate it to a run you know the distance of.
    Bought one for Hubby too and he was really impressed
  • SillySkittles
    SillySkittles Posts: 202 Member
    Just picked up the Fuelband today! It's currently charging while I set it up so I'm excited to see how it goes tomorrow. I'm not looking for a rocket science bracelet or anything, but the idea that I could "compete" with myself and see stats to help keep me moving or to inspire me to find more ways to move just a little bit more is what got me.

I will also be using it in conjunction with my Polar HRM to actually log the calories I burn during a workout only.

This was my "reward" for reaching a mini goal.