sorry need to vent

Options

Replies

• RVfrog
    RVfrog Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    you should seek outside help......because I think more is going on. Maybe you are there to take care of mom.....
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I'm going to stop trolling for a second and ask an honest question because it may make a difference in how people respond.

Do you have a disability?

My whole family does actually as in my parents which my mom also has server seizures which neither of them work

This would seem to me like a good reason not to be driving. But I'm not really sure any of us here on a messageboard are equipped to answer your question. Do you have counseling services through your school?
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    It sounds like your parents have good reason to keep a closer eye on you. Getting and keeping a license with a seizure disorder is not easy and not always safe. My cousin's ex-wife had very mild epilepsy and was in a very bad crash when she had a seizure while driving. Depending on any medications you may be taking, it can be difficult to get and keep a job if they make you tired too. I hope you figure out soon what you are going to do, but there was definitely more to your story than 'my parents are overprotective'
  • MoveTheMountain
    Options
    ... But you can start your own credit line easily...

Oh, and be really really REALLY careful with credit! Try to keep that to a minumum - it's a whole new set of chains that can dog you for years. Always try to pay cash when you can, for anything other than major purchases: cars, houses, school tuition... for everything else, if you don't have the cash, you can't afford it. Save up and be patient, buy it when you can.
  • YepLilly
    YepLilly Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I'll play devil's advocate. For some reason I felt that there was more to this story, so I went over some of her posts and looking at her writing, she does sound younger than she actually is. She also says she doesn't get along with her father, and that her mother and grandma are not supportive of her weight loss.

I think she's struggling with more complex issues and should seek help and support for those.
  • madworld1
    Options
    ... But you can start your own credit line easily...

Oh, and be really really REALLY careful with credit! Try to keep that to a minumum - it's a whole new set of chains that can dog you for years. Always try to pay cash when you can, for anything other than major purchases: cars, houses, school tuition... for everything else, if you don't have the cash, you can't afford it. Save up and be patient, buy it when you can.

No. Just no. Don't even go there if you don't have a job.
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    Grow up.

^BOOM!

Edited to say.. CRAP, as soon as i post a zillion new threads pop in and i find out about the disability. Sorry,

even so, your disability shouldnt stop you from succeeding, so dont use it as a crutch. I have a special needs saughter and you would never know it from her success.. it makes her work harder. Just food for thought.
  • Amandamccl
    Options
    I'll play devil's advocate. For some reason I felt that there was more to this story, so I went over some of her posts and looking at her writing, she does sound younger than she actually is. She also says she doesn't get along with her father, and that her mother and grandma are not supportive of her weight loss. She also wrote this on a post around April 2011:

"some people are just mean that's why I'm so shy I was teased in school even called me names so I just became depressed and dropped out and after that I got raped three times by 2 fomer boyfriends and now I'm afried of people I just smile and nod and go my way "

I think she's struggling with more complex issues and should seek help and support for those.
    Lol that was along time ago but I do agree with you I was In abusives relationships and I never really had anyone to talk to
  • Amandamccl
    Options
    Grow up.

^BOOM!

Edited to say.. CRAP, as soon as i post a zillion new threads pop in and i find out about the disability. Sorry,

even so, your disability shouldnt stop you from succeeding, so dont use it as a crutch. I have a special needs saughter and you would never know it from her success.. it makes her work harder. Just food for thought.
    Lol it's fine you have a right to you opinion its great about your daughter truly a role model :-)
  • hypotrochoid
    hypotrochoid Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I'll play devil's advocate. For some reason I felt that there was more to this story, so I went over some of her posts and looking at her writing, she does sound younger than she actually is. She also says she doesn't get along with her father, and that her mother and grandma are not supportive of her weight loss. She also wrote this on a post around April 2011:

"some people are just mean that's why I'm so shy I was teased in school even called me names so I just became depressed and dropped out and after that I got raped three times by 2 fomer boyfriends and now I'm afried of people I just smile and nod and go my way "

Even though that was put on a public forum, I really don't think that you should have reposted it without the OP's permission. Other than that, I do agree with you. Find help, dearie. There are places and ways- you have the interwebz- there's a lot of support and agencies out there that can help.
  • GellisIndigo
    GellisIndigo Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    As someone who works with young adults with disabilities, I suggest you contact Vocational Rehabilitation for your area of Georgia, refer yourself for services and see if you qualify. You can start here: http://www.vocrehabga.org/vrfacts.html
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I'm going to stop trolling for a second and ask an honest question because it may make a difference in how people respond.

My whole family does actually as in my parents which my mom also has server seizures which neither of them work

I think being disabled and having a learning disability are 2 different things...and where i come from seems to most people being disabled is a nice check from the goverment every month via all the rest of us hard working people...
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Man, I hate coming into hot topics like this and find out the OP delete/edited the post.
  • Amandamccl
    Options
    As someone who works with young adults with disabilities, I suggest you contact Vocational Rehabilitation for your area of Georgia, refer yourself for services and see if you qualify. You can start here: http://www.vocrehabga.org/vrfacts.html
    I'll look it up thank you
  • thingal12
    thingal12 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Man, I hate coming into hot topics like this and find out the OP delete/edited the post.

same here!
  • Gianna5587
    Gianna5587 Posts: 59 Member
    Options

same here!

Awww... Looked like a good one!
  • YepLilly
    YepLilly Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Even though that was put on a public forum, I really don't think that you should have reposted it without the OP's permission. Other than that, I do agree with you. Find help, dearie. There are places and ways- you have the interwebz- there's a lot of support and agencies out there that can help.

Good point, I didn't think about it that way. But I hope this is a case of benefits outweighing the costs and that it helps a bit in getting her the support she needs.

ETA: I have deleted that part. Others quoting it might do so as well.
  • Amandamccl
    Options

I think being disabled and having a learning disability are 2 different things...and where i come from seems to most people being disabled is a nice check from the goverment every month via all the rest of us hard working people...
    I don't get ssi I used to up till I was 18 I sold about everything I owned to at least to have a little bit of money I actually been looking for a job my best friend and I went and no ones hiring so I got the money I got for saleing my stuff and joy started buying stuff and resaling it I don't make much at it but it's enough to get me by just Havering watch my spending
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options

Paraphrased:

22 year old, lives at home, parents won't LET her move out or get a job yet she "has a good head on her shoulders...any other 22 year olds treated like this?"
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Under your parent's roof you abide by their rules, if you don't want to live by those rules move out. You are 22 years old for God's sake, at 20 I'd already graduated from my first degree and was starting my second! There is no excuse not to create the life you want if you're not happy with the one you've got. And there are ALWAYS people hiring, you just have to look harder and perhaps compromise yourself - take a job flipping burgers if you absolutely have to!