.: Hi! Doing the 17 Day Diet, anyone else doing this?:.

Options
2»

Replies

• njgirl50
    njgirl50 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I have tried this diet, it was difficult for me because I am lactose intolerant and couldn't handle two servings of yogurt every day. I know by day 18 I was craving red meat! Good luck!
  • I'm on Day 2 of Cycle 1 now (re-starting it after a recent failed attempt... stupid Halloween and stress from school getting in the way!) I think it helps if you're a meat lover like me because otherwise it can be hard to make your food for the day add up to 1200 calories. But once you learn to do that, and to really enjoy things like fruit, yogurt, and fresh vegetables (all of which I used to HATE), it's a breeze! It is NOT a "fad diet" by any means (though the name may suggest otherwise); all of the food you are eating is genuinely good for you, and that's why it works. (You just have to make sure you're getting ENOUGH to eat!) My brother lost over 50 pounds on this diet last year before his wedding, and he has successfully kept it off and looks better than ever. Don't listen to the naysayers - this diet plan rocks!
  • ValBFP4H
    ValBFP4H Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have tried this diet, it was difficult for me because I am lactose intolerant and couldn't handle two servings of yogurt every day. I know by day 18 I was craving red meat! Good luck!

Your probiotic serving does not have to be yogurt! The Doctor lists other things such as Miso or sauerkraut as probiotics. Also on the official website in a video Dr. Moreno says probiotic supplements are fine. Also for anyone who does not like Green Tea, he says you can take the green tea supplements as well.
  • Blairflare
    Options
    Hello Everyone,
    I to am doing the 17 day diet. I first tried this program last year and had lost 30lbs. I was very excited. Since then I have been fighting Hashimoto's disease and fibromyalgia. I have recently started the 17 day diet again. I work out 5-6 days a week and am having a difficult time losing weight this time around. After speaking with another myfitnesspal this morning, it has been pointed out that I was not taking in enough calories on this program. That in fact after filling out the food intake, I was about 450 calories short a day. Now I have to decide if I want to stick with the 17 day diet and tweek it to add more calories or do something else.
    What to do?!
  • 20tulipgirl20
    Options
    Sounds good to me... Is it a book or something?
  • Blairflare
    Options
    @ tulipgirl.....it is a book that you can pick up at any book store, including Wal-mart stores. You can also google it and it will give you some information and there is a blog site where people share new recipes with each other.
  • JuicyKey31
    Options
    Have any one tried weight watchers? & if so what were your results and did you like it?
  • tlish2008
    Options
    I am also doing it! I see a lot of people hating on it but what people don't know is that this book is great because it has seperate cycles to help you through everything. The fourth cycle is the maintaining and maintenance of weight loss and it has worked for my roommate's mom tremendously! She lost 45 pounds during the four cycles. Also, one other thing people don't know is that you are eating healthy which is why the weight comes off!

I am on C1D4 and have lost 3 lbs. I haven't exercised very much because I feel it is hard to eat a lot of calories so I just mainly go for a walk to get my heart rate up. Make sure you eat veggies all day! It says to eat liberal amounts of them and lean meat and I have found that is how I make sure I am eating enough calories everyday.

Just make sure you follow all the rules and if you cheat big time, start over. Little cheats here and there aren't going to offset the entire plan but they don't put you in the right direction. I can't wait for cycle 2 though. I want some carbs! haha

Good luck! I really hope this works for you!
  • tlish2008
    Options
    Also! I does take a lot of mental preparation. I pre-cooked a lot of things ahead of time and had my schedule written out to help me. But I had finally hit my limit so I just needed to buckle down with somehting that works and I've found it. Although it is only 17 days, it can be tough but being prepared mentally will definitely help your chances.
  • EnchantedEvening
    EnchantedEvening Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Sooooo... lean meats, lots of veggies to fill you up, limit the fruit, limit carbs, lowfat dairy...

And HOW, exactly, is this any different from the usual, recommended healthy eating most of us already try to follow?
  • sbermud
    sbermud Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Sooooo... lean meats, lots of veggies to fill you up, limit the fruit, limit carbs, lowfat dairy...

And HOW, exactly, is this any different from the usual, recommended healthy eating most of us already try to follow?

Exactly!
  • tlish2008
    Options

Exactly!

The main thing that is different is that this gives you an exact plan of when to eat them. Kind of like a menu. You eat certain things with certain meals. Many people probably do eat fairly healthy but some people who struggle with weightloss may need to follow an exact plan instead of eating when they want.
  • Janelle173
    Janelle173 Posts: 396 Member
    Options

Exactly!

The main thing that is different is that this gives you an exact plan of when to eat them. Kind of like a menu. You eat certain things with certain meals. Many people probably do eat fairly healthy but some people who struggle with weightloss may need to follow an exact plan instead of eating when they want.

Exactly!! I know how to eat healthy...but I don't do it unless I am following a certain plan. for some reason, this plan makes me feel more accountable to eating healthier. Also, I have a binge eating pattern and this plan helps me find a structure to avoid that. It just works for some people...if you are some of the people nay saying about it, you must be lucky to have will power, strength or whatever you want to call it, that allows you to feel as though you would never need a plan that tells you what you already find to be second nature to you.

This plan works for me and apparently many of us...and i would say even if it has helped just one person, then it is worth a try for people who may be able to utilize it and get healthy or healthier.

<3