Doesn't like eggs

Options

Replies

• secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I can't stand eggs either but have had no problem with protein. Cottage cheese is great in the morning. Also, if he's not big on typical breakfast foods because they usually have eggs, why limit yourself to "breakfast food"? I know lots of people who will have grilled chicken for breakfast.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    He can eat the same food that you eat at other meals. Just because it is breakfast doesn't mean he has to eat breakfast foods.
  • johnny059qn
    johnny059qn Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with blueberries, walnuts and vanilla protein powder is what I have for breakfast EVERYday. My cholesterol is now 142!

Keeps me full until lunch and I never get tired of it!!

Vanilla protien powder is a good idea! How much do you usually make yourself in the morning? And how much powder do you put in? Receipe please?

1/2 cup Quaker Old fasioned Oats
    1 Cup water
    microwave 2 minutes
    Add
    1/4 fresh or frozen Blueberries
    1 T Chopped walnuts
    1 heaping T Vanilla Whey Protien Powder. I use Body Fortress from Wal-mart

Mix and enjoy

Calories 253
    Carbs 33
    Fat 8
    Protein 14
    Fiber 6
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    If he doesn't have any trouble meeting his macros at any other meal except breakfast, then why not just eat the same foods he eats at other meals for breakfast? It doesn't have to be "breakfast food" in order to be eaten in the morning. If he likes a food, and it fits in his macros, he can just as easily eat it for breakfast as any other meal. Before my husband moved in, I used to regularly eat dinner leftovers for breakfast--I only stopped because my husband eats all of whatever I make for dinner (he has the metabolism and build of a greyhound).
  • juliaamilee
    juliaamilee Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time with eggs.. I did CPR on someone without barriers who was choking on a boiled egg.. Um I have to work up to it, I usually cant eat it tho... Beans, greek yogurt, tofu, soy, nuts are also great but I am allerigic to them...
  • johnny059qn
    Options
    Oatmeal with blueberries, walnuts and vanilla protein powder is what I have for breakfast EVERYday. My cholesterol is now 142!

Keeps me full until lunch and I never get tired of it!!

Vanilla protien powder is a good idea! How much do you usually make yourself in the morning? And how much powder do you put in? Receipe please?

1/2 cup Quaker Old fasioned Oats
    1 Cup water
    microwave 2 minutes
    Add
    1/4 fresh or frozen Blueberries
    1 T Chopped walnuts
    1 heaping T Vanilla Whey Protien Powder. I use Body Fortress from Wal-mart

Mix and enjoy

Calories 253
    Carbs 33
    Fat 8
    Protein 14
    Fiber 6

Oh and I do use 1 Sweet and Low and 2 Equal packets for the sweetners.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    How about chicken or a ham sammich or a pork chop? There's no law that says you have to have eggs and toast or cereal for breakfast and can only have roast beef for dinner.

Also, why can't he feed himself?

Bam!! Just what I was thinking. Who cares if he eats eggs and can't the boy get himself breakfast?
  • Dee_84
    Dee_84 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I cannot stand the smell and taste of pure eggs or eggy foods like omelettes.
    I recently discoved that you can eggs to your oatmeal and you cannot taste them at all but they give the oatmeal a creamy texture plus all the protein.

Here's the topic with the recipe:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/786342-mama-bear-s-porridge
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I LOVE oatmeal!

The instant packets are great, BUT they have a lot of sodium in them so I usually go with "Old Fashioned Oats." I like mine "chewy" and the quick oats end up "mushy" so I make it just like it was instant by just adding hot water from the coffee machine at work. My FAVORITE is "Almond Joy Oatmeal." Half cup Old Fashioned Oats, a 100cal pack of Emerald Cocoa Roast Almonds chopped up, and two tablespoons of coconut.... Just add hot water.... Mmmmmm

But on the subject of eggs LOL... I can't stand over easy anymore (grew up on over easy). It MUST be an omelet for me... Or an "Egg Basket' ... Line a muffing tin with ham slices, add some chopped mushrooms and peppers, add a beaten egg, top with a sprinkle of cheddar... Bake at 350 for 20mins. These can be microwaved for 20 seconds for a great breakfast on the go. I LOVE these because while oatmeal is great only eggs can keep me going till lunch.
  • johnny059qn
    Options
    What is Sriracha?
    The best hot sauce EVER!

sriracha.jpg

^^ THIS ^^
  • bananapancakebella
    Options
    I know it can be expensive, but as a treat I love eating lox for breakfast. A slice of whole grain toast, lox, onion, tomato. YUM!!
  • johnny059qn
    Options
    I LOVE oatmeal!

The instant packets are great, BUT they have a lot of sodium in them so I usually go with "Old Fashioned Oats." I like mine "chewy" and the quick oats end up "mushy" so I make it just like it was instant by just adding hot water from the coffee machine at work. My FAVORITE is "Almond Joy Oatmeal." Half cup Old Fashioned Oats, a 100cal pack of Emerald Cocoa Roast Almonds chopped up, and two tablespoons of coconut.... Just add hot water.... Mmmmmm

That sounds really good!!
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    How about chicken or a ham sammich or a pork chop? There's no law that says you have to have eggs and toast or cereal for breakfast and can only have roast beef for dinner.

Bam!! Just what I was thinking. Who cares if he eats eggs and can't the boy get himself breakfast?

I like to provide for my husband. Just because he CAN take care of himself, that doesn't mean he should have to. Plus, my hubby takes such wonderful care of me. We both work and if he gets a day off that I don't he cleans the house for me. And he does the dishes and laundry... I tell him all the time that he's a better wife than I am! LOL... So, I am more than happy to make him breakfast.
  • newcs
    newcs Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I wasn't eating whole eggs for a while because of an egg sensitivity so I used almond butter in my breakfast for more protein. Oats are also good for protein but I don't do low carb. Greek yogurt is good if you like it (unfortunately I hate it).
  • blackmantis
    blackmantis Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I add protein powder to my liquid egg whites.
  • oneworkoutatatime
    Options
    I have the same issue , so I eat 16oz of Chobani for breakfast every mnoreing and it has alot of protein and two slices of peanut butter toast.
  • lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I think eggs are disgusting but I can eat them if you hide the flavor in a fritatta.

Fritatta?

http://thehealthyfoodie.com/2012/03/26/spinach-feta-frittata-bites/
  • anifani4
    anifani4 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    If you have time to cook, make him a burger (ground beef or turkey).

I use All Whites in smoothies to boost the protein: any 2 or 3 fruits, 1/4 cup of All Whites, a green leafy (baby spinach, kale), a tsp of healthy oil, A bit of maple syrup if the fruit is tart.

I agree with the people who suggested oatmeal with fruit and nuts. I bet the All whites could go in the bowl too...boost the protein. I use Whole Rolled Oats, usually blueberries, and walnuts.
  • FloraDelirus
    FloraDelirus Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I can't stand eggs either but have had no problem with protein. Cottage cheese is great in the morning. Also, if he's not big on typical breakfast foods because they usually have eggs, why limit yourself to "breakfast food"? I know lots of people who will have grilled chicken for breakfast.

Problem with chicken.... we have chicken a lot of times on our salads for lunch and then chicken breast done up somehow for supper once or twice a week. After awhile chicken gets old. ;) But, it's still an option!
  • FloraDelirus
    FloraDelirus Posts: 44 Member
    Options

I like to provide for my husband. Just because he CAN take care of himself, that doesn't mean he should have to. Plus, my hubby takes such wonderful care of me. We both work and if he gets a day off that I don't he cleans the house for me. And he does the dishes and laundry... I tell him all the time that he's a better wife than I am! LOL... So, I am more than happy to make him breakfast.

He does his share around the house. Laundry and dishes, helps take care of the pets and takes care of me. But mainly, it's also part of the rush in the morning. I get up first and shower, then it's his turn while I get ready (since I take longer). By the time he's done showering and dressing, I'm in the kitchen packing lunches and making breakfast. And the way our kitchen is set up....well, two people, unless they are willing to dance a lot and don't mind bumping into one another and reaching over each other, isn't condusive to having two people in the same space at one time ;) So he takes care of the animals, gathers up coats (when needed) and helps on the other side of the counter if I need help cutting something up or sorting something out. :)