Question about P90

Options
Should i do this one before p90x? is this a good program and how are the
results if you have used this program

Replies

• Karna6e
    Karna6e Posts: 57
    Options
    I don't have any experience with Power 90 but I have heard some recommend completing that before moving on to P90X.

I jumped right into P90X and just did the best I could through the DVD's. I think a lot of people that have gone through P90X would just tell you to modify and work at your own pace.
  • kelfeene
    kelfeene Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I like the Biggest Loser Series of DVD's.... There is a nice variety and they are CHEAP, and a DARN good workout! I am challenged with it. I also like that there are just REGULAR ole Joes and Janes working out in the background. I am going to post a topic about Biggest Loser Series vs. P90X and see what results I get on the forum!
  • pkgirrl
    pkgirrl Posts: 587
    Options
    I just started p90x, I've done Jillian Michael's and have always been fairly active with sports and running, but this is the first time I've ever done any form of serious strength training.. anddd, I LOVE IT! I actually feel challenged, and each time I do a work out I can feel myself getting a little closer to finishing it properly. (There's a LOT of arm strength in one of the videos, and my arms give out about half way through, so I just do gir push ups instead =p ) But it feels AMAZING to know I'm pushing my body to new limits, and I feel great all the time =)

I've never done the biggest loser series, so I can't really compare though.
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options
    I bought Power 90 first. I know tons of people who bought P90X and quit 2 weeks into it because they weren't ready for it. I also consulted a team beachbody coach first.

Look for metalplace on my friends list. He is a team beachbody coach and can answer all of your questions. He can tell you where is the best place for you to start.

kelfeene- I used the Biggest Loser series prior to P90. I thought I was being challenged, but alas, P90 kicks my *kitten*!!!! In a good way too. I will probably never go back to the BL now. I was also a member of the online club. I liked seeing the contestants workout and the ease of the workouts. But in all honesty, P90 does a much better job in teaching proper form and it feels much better. I like seeing fit people on the screen now because that is where I am headed. (And Tony Horton is NICE motivation!) The BL will help you lose weight, but P90 will get you ripped!
  • NykkieC
    NykkieC Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I bought Power 90 first. I know tons of people who bought P90X and quit 2 weeks into it because they weren't ready for it. I also consulted a team beachbody coach first.

Look for metalplace on my friends list. He is a team beachbody coach and can answer all of your questions. He can tell you where is the best place for you to start.

kelfeene- I used the Biggest Loser series prior to P90. I thought I was being challenged, but alas, P90 kicks my *kitten*!!!! In a good way too. I will probably never go back to the BL now. I was also a member of the online club. I liked seeing the contestants workout and the ease of the workouts. But in all honesty, P90 does a much better job in teaching proper form and it feels much better. I like seeing fit people on the screen now because that is where I am headed. (And Tony Horton is NICE motivation!) The BL will help you lose weight, but P90 will get you ripped!

What she said! I have P90 as well and love it. I know if I would've started off with P90X I definitely would have quit, there is no way that I am ready for that yet.