Heather's Friends....

Options

Replies

• rlsluvr
    rlsluvr Posts: 130
    Options
    Being a Beatles lover, how do you feel about the I am Sam soundtrack or the Across the Universe Soundtrack.

Personally I really liked the I am Sam soundtrack (heard it before I saw the movie). I was really unimpressed with the Across the Universe soundtrack.

I personally like remakes of Beatles songs I like the new twist on an old classic... but nothing is better than the original. We saw "Across" and both really enjoyed the movie... very powerful message in a time of war. We also went to Las Vegas and saw "LOVE"... all I can to that is WOW!!! it was amazing!!!!
  • Rev_no_Boosh
    Options

I personally like remakes of Beatles songs I like the new twist on an old classic... but nothing is better than the original. We saw "Across" and both really enjoyed the movie... very powerful message in a time of war. We also went to Las Vegas and saw "LOVE"... all I can to that is WOW!!! it was amazing!!!!

I definitely like things updated sometimes, but just because it's updated doesn't make it better. I think my issues with Across the Universe may be that I haven't actually seen the movie. My friend just let me borrow the soundtrack.

Top 3 Beatles songs?
  • rlsluvr
    Options

I definitely like things updated sometimes, but just because it's updated doesn't make it better. I think my issues with Across the Universe may be that I haven't actually seen the movie. My friend just let me borrow the soundtrack.

Top 3 Beatles songs?

You have to see the movie... it's truly powerful!!!

WOW... Top three huh.... That is a tough one.... there are just soooo many, I got the Box set for the SE for x-mas...
    ok top 3 in no particular order....
    Hey Jude
    Revolution
    Come Together

BUT... there are sooo many more that could make that top 3 list... it's really just too hard to pick.

Ok... what about your top 3?
  • Rev_no_Boosh
    Options
    You have to see the movie... it's truly powerful!!!

WOW... Top three huh.... That is a tough one.... there are just soooo many, I got the Box set for the SE for x-mas...
    ok top 3 in no particular order....
    Hey Jude
    Revolution
    Come Together

BUT... there are sooo many more that could make that top 3 list... it's really just too hard to pick.

Ok... what about your top 3?

That's pretty tough. I have another 10 that could go on this list. At least.

While My Guitar Gently Weeps
    Imagine
    I Saw Her Standing There
  • SammiAnne11
    SammiAnne11 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Ok, I missed the weigh in since my computer was down. But I will weigh in on Tuesday next week.

This week has been bad. Lots of stress, no computer, cranky kids....I am actually afraid to weigh myself!
    Which means it is time to get my butt back on track! lol
  • rlsluvr
    Options
    Alrighty Heather's Friends... Don't forget... weigh in tomorrow....
    and for Fun... Your Fav Beatles Song.....

Be Healthy!!!

XOXO
    H
  • rlsluvr
    Options
    HAPPY TUESDAY...
    Weigh in

OK only down 1 lb 173 this week... gonna reaaly try to hit 2lbs by next Tuesday....

Fav Beatles Song.... Revolution
  • SammiAnne11
    Options
    I am at 144 today.

I love love love Yellow submarine. =)

~sami
  • whyflysouth
    whyflysouth Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I'm at 158.7, exactly 0.5 lbs less than I was last week. Well I was expecting to start hitting a wall and here it is. I've maintained a low enough caloric diet, keeping at 1200-1500 cals/day, should be losing 1.8 lbs per week. Being pretty active, getting at least 30 min of some kind of cardio in daily.

Perhaps I need to eat more, maybe I'm going into the dreaded "starvation mode" - but I really don't feel comfortable eating more, I wish there was a starvation mode test you could take that could tell you, yes you need to eat more...hmm
  • rlsluvr
    Options
    I'm at 158.7, exactly 0.5 lbs less than I was last week. Well I was expecting to start hitting a wall and here it is. I've maintained a low enough caloric diet, keeping at 1200-1500 cals/day, should be losing 1.8 lbs per week. Being pretty active, getting at least 30 min of some kind of cardio in daily.

Perhaps I need to eat more, maybe I'm going into the dreaded "starvation mode" - but I really don't feel comfortable eating more, I wish there was a starvation mode test you could take that could tell you, yes you need to eat more...hmm

Are you Strength Training??? Maybe you can start to incorporate that so your muscles are burning more calories theough out the day?
  • whyflysouth
    Options
    yeah I started strength training on the 19th, I'm doing a little bit of lifting 3 days a week (1 day back, 1 day chest, 1 day legs), trying to get my muscles used to it and minimize soreness.
  • rlsluvr
    Options
    OK I'm throwin this out there again.... I wanting to start a support group... I have a couple of people already. I want this to be a place where we can chat , make lifelong friends, support each other, and just have a GRAND ole time... we weigh in every tuesday morning... Hope to see you here....

XOXOX
    H
  • mamajoytimes2
    Options
    I'm totally in - looks like a great, fun group! I have a lot to lose, but I've been doing really well for the past six weeks. Tuesday weigh-in works for me. I weight in on Monday nights for a weight challenge, but since it's so close and consistent, I hope that works for you. I'm heading to New Orleans next week for a business meeting, so I won't be at my Monday night meeting to weigh in. I will do that as soon as I get back - on the 16th. I wanted to join though because I could really use some support while I'm in New Orleans. Cafe du Monde and so much more - dinner reservations every night - Starbucks in the convention center - ice cream cart in the staff lounge - it's going to be hard! Thanks! I'll definitely be checking in to support everyone!
  • rlsluvr
    Options
    OK friends.... don't forget tomorrow weigh in... and for fun... What is your all time Fav Movie :heart: :bigsmile:
  • SammiAnne11
    Options
    All time favorite? That is hard...
    It would be one of two movies. "Grosse Point Blank" or "Somewhere in Time."

Will weigh in a post tomorrow!
  • Rev_no_Boosh
    Options
    I'm down two pounds! I was hoping for me, but I'll keep on keeping on.

All time favorite movie? That's tough. I'm a hardcore movie buff. I guess I'll have to go with the cult classic The Big Lebowski. It is greatness. I could probably list ten or twelve more though.

@IamSam2010 I love Grosse Point Blank. I'm a big John Cusak fan. I'll watch any movie he is in.
  • whyflysouth
    Options
    Checking in: Lloyd, I got your two pounds right here! Gained +1.6 lbs since last week. Back up to 160.3 again. Considering I've been eating under or at my calories most days, I've got no "cheat" days, and I workout & lift pretty extensively, I'm not quite sure what more I can do...I can keep at it, focus on the weight lifting and the exercise (at least I see consistent improvement there).

All time favorite movie, hmm I'm not sure, there are allot of good ones I like, probably anything Pixar comes up with...
  • SammiAnne11
    Options
    My weight today is 141. I am down 3lbs. =)

I love John Cusack too...:heart:
  • rlsluvr
    Options
    ok... I'm stalled still the same no loss for me... but I figure I'll do measurements every Tues too, maybe my body hasn't realized we are getting healthly yet, and it's holding on to the familiar...FAT!!!! like a kid with her security blanket >sigh< Well all I can do is keep it up.. I'll get there... hopefully next week I will some some improvement somewhere...

Fav move... Well if I say "Hard to Hold" I'll hear it from lloydXmas so I'll say... "Keeping the Faith"

I :heart: John Cusack too... just watched "Serendipity" on Sun....

Keep up the Great work guys/gals... we can do this!!!!
  • Rev_no_Boosh
    Options
    May those who love us, love us. And those who don't love us - may God turn their hearts. And if He cannot turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles, so that we may know them by their limping.