What does everyone do for exercise?

Options
I coach tumbling and cheerleading, and have been using that as my exercise along with tumbling myself at work.

I also try to walk anywhere that I can walk to instead of drive.

I had myself at active lifestyle due to my coaching job, and wasn't see much results. I just moved myself down to lightly active lifestyle. Mostly because I was reading on here that a lot of people don't use the calories they burn doing their job as exercise. Gonna see if that works.

I am not on here to drop more that 15 lbs. I mostly want to tone back up without completely changing my diet and exercise.

Replies

• LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    I lift weights, run, and take spin classes.

I eat a bunch - a 20% cut from my TDEE. I need the food to fuel my activity.

I'm definitely getting the results I want :)
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I pick things up and put them down.
  • StinkyWinkies
    StinkyWinkies Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I walk, via my job...A LOT. averages about 5 hrs/night.
  • SnazzyTraveller
    SnazzyTraveller Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Run baby run.

With weights!
  • IronTitaness
    Options
    I lift weights, walk and row.

I eat 20% beneath my TDEE.

Results are fab! :love:

:smile:
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    I walk a LOT, and I have recently started riding a stationary recumbent bike. Am thinking about jogging....
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options

LOL!

I run intervals, do the elliptical, box, weight lift routine with hand weights, yoga every now and then.
  • TaterTotz777
    Options

This made me laugh out loud! :bigsmile:
  • kaycevaughan
    kaycevaughan Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    C25K! It is awesome. Uses interval training which burns more calories than just doing the same thing.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options

Dammit, I came in here to say this
  • Cokamo
    Cokamo Posts: 51
    Options
    I've done a number of things and I think changing it up helps prevent boredom. I have been known to walk, swim, jog, strength train with weights or body weight exercises, do videos, take classes at the gym, do yoga, umm...I think that covers it. Right now, I'm doing the Tap Out XT series. I get bored quickly and boredom is a killer. Variety also prevents your body from acclimating and becoming more efficient at a particular activity. Switch it up but make sure you include strength training as well as cardio for toning, shaping and cinching in your trouble areas...something cardio alone won't do :)
  • elgray26
    elgray26 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I walk, via my job...A LOT. averages about 5 hrs/night.

do you post that walking in your exercise journal or did you select the active lifestyle when setting up your goals, or both?
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I do various things because I tend to get bored doing the same thing all the time, and sometimes due to weather. I do both cardio and strength training but the method for each varies. Here is a list of the things I do at various times:

Hike, run, walk, Zumba, calisthenics (sometimes with weights, sometimes without), plyometrics, weights, basic aerobic exercises, run/walk stairs or bleachers, resistance bands, Wii Fit, Just Dance game, step aerobics (sometimes with a weighted vest, sometimes without)

I ordered Turbo Fire last Friday.
    I just completed this challenge --> www.twohundredsquats.com
    I am currently working on these 2 challenges --> www.onehundredpushups.com and www.onefiftydips.com

I am also thinking of learning basic sword fighting (think LOTR rather than fencing)
  • bellydancer124
    Options

This! :bigsmile:

I also walk a lot, and I belly dance. I've started looking into doing some ballet too. I've done pilates in the past, a little kickboxing, and a lot of other things...I get bored easily lol.
  • angiechimpanzee
    angiechimpanzee Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Right now, I go on the elliptical machine on medium resistance for 30 minutes every day except Sunday, burning 260 calories per session.

Also, I do the 8 minute abs workout video on youtube every other day.
  • Motleybird
    Motleybird Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I do a little bit of yoga to wake up in the morning. I teach a basic tai chi class, and practice tai chi sword at home. (Great for your core, and it's always a challenge.) Then I get on the exercise bike to catch up on cardio.
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    I lift weights doing almost entirely nothing but squats, deadlifts, presses, rows, and pullups.
  • elgray26
    elgray26 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I do various things because I tend to get bored doing the same thing all the time, and sometimes due to weather. I do both cardio and strength training but the method for each varies. Here is a list of the things I do at various times:

Hike, run, walk, Zumba, calisthenics (sometimes with weights, sometimes without), plyometrics, weights, basic aerobic exercises, run/walk stairs or bleachers, resistance bands, Wii Fit, Just Dance game, step aerobics (sometimes with a weighted vest, sometimes without)

I ordered Turbo Fire last Friday.
    I just completed this challenge --> www.twohundredsquats.com
    I am currently working on these 2 challenges --> www.onehundredpushups.com and www.onefiftydips.com

I am also thinking of learning basic sword fighting (think LOTR rather than fencing)

thanks I think I am going to try some of those challenges!
  • Pandasarecool
    Pandasarecool Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I do you tube's free be fit in 90 program and 30 day shred (Only on level one yet, but working on that! :drinker: ) as well as walking 45-60 minuted every other day. Plus my job as a waitress. :grumble:
  • MommiLauren
    MommiLauren Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    i like taking classes at the gym. zumba, burlesque, ripped, piyo, spin, turbo kick, and a group of us go running together. and this year i did my first two 5k's color me rad and a mudrun =)