I blew my diet yesterday : (

Options
I was so hungry and ended up eating more than I should and not very good stuff. Today I'm back on it, but I can't afford to have days like that anymore. What do you guys do on days that you're hungry and tired that keeps you focused on your diet?

Replies

• know_your_worth
    know_your_worth Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Well for me...there's no diet. So I don't look at it as though I blew anything. Bad eating day, yeah, for sure. Record my calories and make sure it doesn't happen again any time soon. Eventually it will, and that's fine as long as there are more good days then there are bad days.

:) no worries.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    You're going to be hungry sometimes. Just count your calories and deal with it.
  • angiechimpanzee
    angiechimpanzee Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    It's not "a diet", its supposed to be a lifestyle change. And everyone has days they overeat, even if they're trying to live a healthier lifestyle. It's not about being perfect every single day until you lose the weight you want. It's about doing really well 90% of the time. The other 10%, you can mess up. It's okay.
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    how bad was it? let's see that diary... usually on this site, when people think they blew their diet and feel so terrible, they're still within their maintenance calories.
  • jcfromny
    jcfromny Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    That was me this weekend. I was so overtired that I didn't work out at all and I ate cozy, winter meals that included a lot of carbs! I felt so bad yesterday about it, that I DIDN'T go to the gym... which is ridiculous! However, I got back on that horse today; hit the gym for 28mins on lunch and I'm already feeling better.

Don't beat yourself up cause it does happen. I notice when I'm working out all week and eating healthy, there is always a day; like 10-12 days in, where my body just craves food and I can't get enough. I indulge while still trying to make healthy choices.. if any of this makes sense.

The important thing is that you are aware of the mis-step and trying to correct it; it's a new day!! Good luck!
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    I waterboard myself.
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I waterboard myself.
    I find thumb screws to be most effective :D
  • hilaryroberts
    Options
    Hey!

Don't beat yourself up after a slip up. I always find that making myself feel bad only makes me eat more crap anyways in the end.
    When I am hungry but know that I have probably eaten enough for the day I try have a cup of herbal tea (no milk or sugar). Apple cinnamon tastes so much like a treat I forget that I was hungry in the first place. On a more scientific note, hot liquids make you feel more full (which is why this works I guess). I use this trick all the time at night.

On days when I just happen to be more hungry than usual I will indulge, just trying to make sure it is healthy. Someone once told me that you fuel your workout tomorrow with what you ate today. If you ate a little more just remember you have more "fuel" and use that as motivation in your workout.

Keep at it! One day doesn't derail it all :)
  • AyaKara
    AyaKara Posts: 220
    Options
    Just keep going & don't give up!
  • rainghirl
    rainghirl Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I waterboard myself.
    I find thumb screws to be most effective :D

Guys you need to be using the rack - makes you taller and thinner in one session!
  • alexveksler
    alexveksler Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Stay focused. You here for a long run. You not a machine. IT"S OK. Get back to whatever you were doing, exercise, healthy eating. This is not the last time you will be swayed away from your daily life. Holidays, birthday parties, blah, blah...

Good luck!!
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Log it to the best of your ability and exercise a little more to make up for it, if you can. Otherwise, put it behind you and keep on keeping on.
  • Alicia7519
    Options
    I just start all over the next day. No regrets.
  • heidi10537
    heidi10537 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am having that day today. People keep bringing in treats, and somehow, I just cannot say no to them today. Not usually a problem, but its been a tough week and just don't know how I'm going to get this lifestyle (not diet) back under control again.
  • Ginnyesq
    Ginnyesq Posts: 109
    Options
    Last time I blew my diet it didn't even say thank you. We don't speak anymore.
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    Give up.
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    Last time I blew my diet it didn't even say thank you. We don't speak anymore.

HA! best post of the day.
  • funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    What's a diet?
  • happythermia
    Options
    Nah, you just blew your day. LOL I have been known to do this a couple of times myself...but check out my ticker ;-)

Just as long as you keep at it, you'll do great!
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    Better to blow your diet than your drug dealer