Question for the ladies....

Options
Hi Ladies!
Has anyone else noticed that when it's "that time of the month" your weight fluctuates 1-2lbs? I weighed on Thursday and was down 1.5lbs (my normal weigh in is Sunday) and when I weighed on Sunday, first day of my special friend, I was back up the 1.5!! Maddening! I really hope that's what it's from..this happened to me last month too..

Replies

• arfletcher
    arfletcher Posts: 143
    Options
    That makes perfect sense - water retention among other things can make your weight fluctuate on a daily basis any ways, during your period even more so.
    I
  • ♥seoid♥
    ♥seoid♥ Posts: 476
    Options
    that's a small amount compared to mine which is anywhere from 3-5. stinks huh?:grumble:
  • fourwebb
    fourwebb Posts: 4
    Options
    Definately normal! So don't stress about it. Water is the biggest culprit!
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Just 1 or 2 lbs...lucky you. It can fluctuate up to 4 lbs! I recommend skipping your weigh in "officicially" when your monthly visitor is in town. It will keep you from throwing in the towel. Those numbers can dictate your future behavior if you let them. Concentrate on staying on program and drinking lots of water! Also, avoid salt during that week. All the best!
  • leshawnturner
    Options
    that's a small amount compared to mine which is anywhere from 3-5. stinks huh?:grumble:

me too!!!
  • ractayjon
    ractayjon Posts: 365
    Options
    I usually gain about 3-4 pounds day before and day 1....it goes away when the hormone levels get back to normal...
  • deekennedy33
    deekennedy33 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    mine is about 0.5 to 1.0 pound. not too bad..
  • elysant
    elysant Posts: 139
    Options
    Yep, definitely normal. :o) I usually go up quite a bit during that time of month. Don't stress... Drink lots of water!!!! :o)
  • mmccurrach
    mmccurrach Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Ractayjon, so glad you said that cuz I had a big gain the day before and now during I'm kind getting back to normal but couldn't understand why the big gain then drop!
  • fitinyoga14
    fitinyoga14 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    i suggest not weighing yourself so much. once a week is all you need, and if you are on t.o.m, skip that week. its completely normal for your weigh to go up and down, and weighing yourself all the time will only beat you down.
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    100% normal. Stick to what you are doing and that 1.5 lbs will be off before you know it.
  • Relaeh
    Relaeh Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    i suggest not weighing yourself so much. once a week is all you need, and if you are on t.o.m, skip that week. its completely normal for your weigh to go up and down, and weighing yourself all the time will only beat you down.
    I know =0( Sometimes I just can feel it that my weight has dropped and I get so excited I can't wait for weigh in! If I had waited until Sunday, I would've thought I'd lost nothing for the week...thanks for all the advice and confirmation...just got really bummed, but I knew it had to be water weight...no way I gained back 1.5lbs of fat that quick...I've been really good with keeping track! Oh, to be a woman!
  • beachbaby18
    Options
    i agree.
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    I agree with weighing yourself less and skipping the week of TOM!
  • Relaeh
    Options
    TOM sucks ;)
  • Ripgirl
    Ripgirl Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I don't notice that I go up, but do notice that I don't seem to drop anything either. Does anyone in the same boat notice if your efforts have paid off only AFTER tom?
  • Relaeh
    Options
    My effort always pays off after TOM....I'll find out in a few days...I'm getting that itch to weigh, but I'd like it to be over for a day or two :)
  • lwebsmfp
    lwebsmfp Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Happens to me too. I'm usually up about a half pound to a full pound which isn't too bad but frustrating still. I increase my water intake during that time which I think helps.
  • BamaRose0107
    Options
    Hi Ladies!
    Has anyone else noticed that when it's "that time of the month" your weight fluctuates 1-2lbs? I weighed on Thursday and was down 1.5lbs (my normal weigh in is Sunday) and when I weighed on Sunday, first day of my special friend, I was back up the 1.5!! Maddening! I really hope that's what it's from..this happened to me last month too..

Your weight only fluctuates 1-2 lbs! Oh you are luck I am jealous! Mine goes up anywhere between 3-6lbs LOL.
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    It happens to me too. At first I was discouraged by it, but then I realized about 3 days into my cycle my weight is actually lower than it was before.