My weight loss journey so far - 2 years and 58 pounds

Options
My weight loss journey began in October of 2010. At that point was 196 pounds. I am pretty sure that is not my highest weight but I avoided the scale for a very long time. I lost the first 30 pounds with Weight Watchers and my new found love of Zumba. By February of 2012 I became frustrated that I wasn't losing any weight, wasn't gaining but wasn't losing anything either. So, I decided to give myself a little break. I continued to exercise but wasn't so obsessed over what I was eating. At the end of May 2012 I heard about MFP and decided to jump back on the wagon and start working on losing the rest of the weight that I wanted to lose. Since that time, I have lost another 28 pounds. I am so happy! I have gone from a size 16/18 to a size 8. I haven't seen a size 8 since middle school!!!!!! I absolutely love MFP and what it has done for me. Reading each and every one of the success stories has been such an inspiration to me. I have about another 5 pounds that I would like to lose (3 to actually be the weight that has been on my drivers license for the last 10 years, LOL).

I am posting a timeline picture that I created for myself. I had a hard time really seeing the results until I put them side by side. I hope this picture comes through. There are a few others in my profile. Please feel free to add me as a friend. :smile:

http://i1304.photobucket.com/albums/s529/hsobolew/WeightLossJourney2012_001-1.jpg

Replies

• hsobolew
    hsobolew Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    WeightLossJourney2012_001-1.jpg
  • Jonna13
    Jonna13 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    WTG! You look great!! Congratulations on your loss :)
  • Alkirra
    Alkirra Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success, you look fabulous!
  • astunningimpact
    astunningimpact Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Amazing!:smile:
  • Kattibrie
    Kattibrie Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • CindyJ004
    Options
    Great job! You look years younger.
  • Halleeon
    Halleeon Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I think it's really great that you stuck with it for 2 years, and are continuing with it. Realistic goals at a realistic pace. Awesome!
  • hsobolew
    Options
    Thank you! I feel years younger!!
  • hsobolew
    Options
    I should add that sadly obesity runs in my family. My mother was very overweight in her adult years. She was a size 5 when she got married and then when her my dad got divorced in 1973 her only escape was food. She became very overweight, I think her high was very close to 300 pounds. She did every diet that was out there. Weight Watchers worked the best for her but as soon as she would start to lose any significant amount of weight her mother (who lived with us) would start making cookies and cakes and pies, knowing that my mom could not resist. It was a complete control thing with my grandmother and now as an adult when I think about it makes me sick! In October of 2006 she was finally approved to have gastric bypass surgery. She had her surgery on October 19th and on October 25th I held her for the last time. She developed an overwhelming infection as a result of the surgery and she died within hours of showing any signs or symptoms. Being a nurse, I felt like I should have known and should have been able to save her. This put me into a pretty significant depression and my way of dealing was to eat. Only six short months after my mom passed I got the phone call that my 25 year old brother passed away after a long struggle with drug and alchol addiction. This pretty much through me over the edge.

When I finally hit my highest weight, all I could think about was my mom and how badly she wanted to lose her weight and be healthy. I remember all of the things she wasn't able to do or wouldn't do with us when we were younger because of her weight. Simple things like going to the movies was not even an option because she was afraid that she wouldn't be able to fit comfortably in the seats. It finally hit me that this is the road that I was headed down and I realized that I couldn't do that to my daughters. And that is where be journey began. The journey will never end. I will continue on this read to health and happiness so that I can be there for my family and all that the future holds for us.

Thanks for reading!
  • GomesDavid
    Options
    you look amazing ! gud job done :smile:
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    It took me a year to lose 30+ . good for you congratulations and way to stick with it!
  • Rabbit914
    Rabbit914 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Wow your story brought tears to my eyes. i'm so very sorry for your loss. You look amazing and your mother I'm sure would be so proud of you and the decision you have made for yourself. Congrats on sticking with it!!!
  • Santan9ful
    Options
    SOOO Proud of You. AWESOME Job :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!