fitbit

Options
2»

Replies

• jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    thanks! does anyone know if there is a monthly subscription to pay for the online resources?

Really good question.

Other than the $99 or $59, are there any other fees at all? Anything?

Also, does it link via Wifi, or only bluetooth via one of the designated technologies?

You don't have to pay a subscription. There is an option to get extra coaching but I don't think many people do.
    The old ultra has a Congo with a USB for a computer which fit bit syncs wirelessly with. The new Zip and The One will Bluetooth to iPhone 4S/5 and new ipad
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    thanks! does anyone know if there is a monthly subscription to pay for the online resources?

Really good question.

Also, does it link via Wifi, or only bluetooth via one of the designated technologies?

You don't have to pay a subscription. There is an option to get extra coaching but I don't think many people do.
    The old ultra has a Congo with a USB for a computer which fit bit syncs wirelessly with. The new Zip and The One will Bluetooth to iPhone 4S/5 and new ipad

So, no WIFI?

WOW. No thanks. I'm out.
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options

are they still selling the ultra? i didnt see it on their website?

They are, it's still $99 on their website but cheaper if you get it (or any of them I'd guess) through amazon.com I got my Ultra through amazon.com earlier this summer and I love it. I use the sleep function but just cause it's there, it's not like I can change how or when I wake up lol
  • jaz050465
    Options

Really good question.

So, no WIFI?

WOW. No thanks. I'm out.

Don't understand??
  • neverstray
    Options

Really good question.

So, no WIFI?

WOW. No thanks. I'm out.

Don't understand??

I totally understand. It doesn't sync via Wifi according to information I am gathering. I am not interested in a device that doesn't sync via Wifi, as a minimum requirement for me to enjoy it.
  • BellaEle
    Options
    I'm looking for a tracker as well... I did read all about the FitBit One Features, and i think is the best tracker you can find now! I'll buy it for sure!
  • jaz050465
    Options

Really good question.

So, no WIFI?

WOW. No thanks. I'm out.

Don't understand??

I totally understand. It doesn't sync via Wifi according to information I am gathering. I am not interested in a device that doesn't sync via Wifi, as a minimum requirement for me to enjoy it.

Why do you need wifi. Do any trackers use wifi. You can use Bluetooth if you have the correct phone or just get close to your laptop if you haven't.
  • neverstray
    Options

Really good question.

So, no WIFI?

WOW. No thanks. I'm out.

Don't understand??

Why do you need wifi. Do any trackers use wifi. You can use Bluetooth if you have the correct phone or just get close to your laptop if you haven't.

I don't really want to have to explain this, but since you keep asking...Because Wifi is superior technology, and having to use another device is like something from 1992. I wont buy it. It's lame and outdated. When I walk into Starbucks, my office, my home, or a friends house, it should sync at that moment. Not, when I get to a pre-approved device. It's just lame. I don't like technology that doesn't work the way it should, IMO. Now, it's probably designed that way because it's easy and cheap to do that. I get it. But, I wont support it.

This is my opinion and only mine. And, it does not mean anything to anyone else or reflect their choice to use it. We all have our reasons for buying products and services.

I am not going to get into an argument about this. I don't care. I know I wont like it if it cannot utilize Wifi connections. This is me, not you or anyone else. Only me.

I appreciate the dialogue and everyone taking the time to discuss this item, as I have been curious for a long time. I almost pulled the trigger last night, but decided to ask a few more questions. I am glad I waited. I would be extremely disappointed in the way in syncs. I would probably either return it, or sell it on ebay or CL.

I'm done with this now that I've come to a resolution about it.
  • jaz050465
    Options
    OK OK!!! Was just trying to be helpful!!
  • mollyjtaylor
    Options
    I LOVE my fitbit! I even accidently washed it and they replaced it for FREE! Whenever I am close to my computer where I have the dock plugged into, my fitbit will automatically sync. I have no issues with syncing it to MFP and I love it!
  • ExplorinLauren
    ExplorinLauren Posts: 991 Member
    Options

Really good question.

So, no WIFI?

WOW. No thanks. I'm out.

Don't understand??

I don't really want to have to explain this, but since you keep asking...Because Wifi is superior technology, and having to use another device is like something from 1992. I wont buy it. It's lame and outdated. When I walk into Starbucks, my office, my home, or a friends house, it should sync at that moment. Not, when I get to a pre-approved device. It's just lame. I don't like technology that doesn't work the way it should, IMO. Now, it's probably designed that way because it's easy and cheap to do that. I get it. But, I wont support it.

This is my opinion and only mine. And, it does not mean anything to anyone else or reflect their choice to use it. We all have our reasons for buying products and services.

I am not going to get into an argument about this. I don't care. I know I wont like it if it cannot utilize Wifi connections. This is me, not you or anyone else. Only me.

I appreciate the dialogue and everyone taking the time to discuss this item, as I have been curious for a long time. I almost pulled the trigger last night, but decided to ask a few more questions. I am glad I waited. I would be extremely disappointed in the way in syncs. I would probably either return it, or sell it on ebay or CL.

I'm done with this now that I've come to a resolution about it.

It DOES sync via wifi. Goooooooooooosh. Relax :tongue: