Does anyone here eat Coconut Oil for weight loss?

Options
2»

Replies

• MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    Coconut oil has calories
    that was my first thought too. lol
  • StShellie
    Options
    You're right, I haven't been counting my calories at all. I have before, but now I simply don't have the time with toddler and baby pulling on me.:wink
  • StShellie
    Options
    It actually works because it is a fat that is broken down easily and quickly for energy. Oils like olive and canola while supposeedly good for you are more easily stored by the body as fat. That is the research anyway, I stick to lower carb and watching my cals.

Could you cite some of this research - would be interesting to see.

Google Dr. Bruce Fife... and there are others. Extremely interesting information. I know that its calories, but its good for you calories, good fats that do your body good in so many different ways. The weight loss, at least for me has been unexplainable other than the coconut oil. I don't restrict my calories, but i do believe it is helping me with cravings for junk!! I can't restrict anyway because I am nursing my baby!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    It actually works because it is a fat that is broken down easily and quickly for energy. Oils like olive and canola while supposeedly good for you are more easily stored by the body as fat. That is the research anyway, I stick to lower carb and watching my cals.

Could you cite some of this research - would be interesting to see.

Google Dr. Bruce Fife... and there are others. Extremely interesting information. I know that its calories, but its good for you calories, good fats that do your body good in so many different ways. The weight loss, at least for me has been unexplainable other than the coconut oil. I don't restrict my calories, but i do believe it is helping me with cravings for junk!! I can't restrict anyway because I am nursing my baby!

As I mentioned before, it may have increased satiation - therefore making you eat less, which you must have done to lose weight.

I googled him - his site has no links to any studies. He is a naturopath and nutritionist.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    You're right, I haven't been counting my calories at all. I have before, but now I simply don't have the time with toddler and baby pulling on me.:wink

Not knocking you at all - in fact it is great that you can maintain/lose without having to do so and just eat intuitively.