What alcohol drinks do you allow yourself?

Options
124»

Replies

• justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Anything I like just not a whole lot. I make sure I have room for it in my plan and that sometimes means a longer workout just so I can have a few. Having lost this much weight I'm a CHEAP DRUNK so I don't drink heavily, if at all.

Mostly though I generally choose not to drink. My wife benefits because I am usually the designated driver.
  • madworld1
    Options
    I like wine, beer, and crown royal. I am tipsy after 1 or 2, so I limit myself to that amount. I just feel like crap if I don't. I feel comfortable about my calories in that range too.
  • thranowski
    thranowski Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I stopped drinking during the week, and will only drink on a weekend if I'm doing something fun out with other people. If I stay in on a weekend, I won't drink. But if I go out with friends, or out to eat, or hang out with my in-laws and family, I'll let myself go. It works out, I kind of use it as my cheat day.

Have you tried Crystal Light with liquor? There are certain liquors that go well with certain flavors. Some taste like ****, so you have to be careful. Otherwise, just save drinks for your cheat day, or work out a lot before you go out drinking. If you want to get buzzed or whatever, doing shots between drinks helps to save the calories too.
  • HiyaDee
    Options
    Drinking is such a gateway for a binge for me......somehow lots of chips n such become a part of the evening. However, in the fitness world rum and diet or vodka diet are the go to "cheat".
  • NewMnky1
    NewMnky1 Posts: 264
    Options
    I am a white wine drinker and couldn't believe how many calories I was drinking each glass. I found Skinny Grape wine, it is 80 calories for 5 oz, which isn't too bad and actually tastes pretty good. If I am going to have a few glasses I would rather have less calories than the usual wine.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    - flavored vodka or top shelf gin and tonic or soda
    -rum and diet coke, diet ginger ale or homemade ginger beer
    - cider

basically i stay away from mixed drinks. except crystal light pomegranite tea. that stuff is so good with a flavored vodka

eating and drinking used to go hand and hand for me, especially eating greasy stuff like pizza, fries and burgers. what i do to avoid that now is eat before i go out and making sure i have something relatively healthy at home waiting for me after a night out.