I never realized it was THAT bad! :(

Options
So this morning on our way to drop me off at work, my boyfriend realized we were early and decided that we "deserved" a treat in the form of a Burger King breakfast. OMG!!! Once I got to my computer and got it logged in on here I realized that I had consumed almost my entire day's worth of calories. I knew it was bad, but I didn't realize it was THAT bad! There were times (pre-MPF) that I would have a BK breakfast, then go back for a burger & fries for lunch, two or three times a week! To make matters worse, as good as it tasted, it was sooo not worth it, cause now my tummy's feeling a little funky. So I had Diet Pepsi for lunch, and I'm guessing celery sticks for dinner. Ok, deep breath, tomorrow's another day.

Replies

• carliekitty
    carliekitty Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Why not go out for a nice walk and then have a salad instead of starving =)
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Make that two of us. I can't believe how many calories I used to eat on a daily basis before I started counting calories. It's insane. No wonder I was overweight...
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Go for a run, light jog, or walk. Do a 20 min exercise dvd and earn some more calories for dinner. Or just chalk it up to a lesson learned about making wiser food decisions in the future.
  • Mpol2
    Mpol2 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    When I started on MFP I was shocked at the calories/ nutrients of a bunch of foods... We live and learn. Really makes you adjust your thinking.
  • shastacrystal
    Options
    Yep I agree with this, a little extra exercise and a sensible dinner and you will be fine. Salad with some tuna on it or something!
  • Brenda_Pancakes
    Brenda_Pancakes Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Go for a run, light jog, or walk. Do a 20 min exercise dvd and earn some more calories for dinner. Or just chalk it up to a lesson learned about making wiser food decisions in the future.

Good call.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Tell me about it! Once just for fun I logged a hypothetical day of what I might have eaten pre-MFP. Typically I didn't eat out for 3 meals, but I logged it that way b/c it was easier. With just breakfast, lunch and dinner I was over 3,000 calories. And I would probably have had at least another 1,000 on snacks! Sick!
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Make that two of us. I can't believe how many calories I used to eat on a daily basis before I started counting calories. It's insane. No wonder I was overweight...

Make that 3 of us....
  • shail1pc
    shail1pc Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Yea I would eat a pizza and bread and not think anything of it. Now I realize that is 2-3 times my daily allotment! Also what surprised me were cheez its. I would grab handfuls of them and in fact did so when I first started MFP and was shocked at how many cals were in so little.
  • EAVA
    EAVA Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    wow! just wow!it is really bad, thank you for posting this
  • thranowski
    thranowski Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    So I had Diet Pepsi for lunch, and I'm guessing celery sticks for dinner.

LMAO. I had the same experience when I had a dollar burger and small fries from McDonalds. I thought I was being good!! But don't worry, girl. Knowledge is power, so learn from this and move on!
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! BEING AWARE of what you're putting into your body is half the battle. So good job! A lot of people go their entire lives never knowing what you just figured out. :) So look at it as a positive educational experience and learn from it. :happy:

And you are 100% right; tomorrow is another day, which you will ROCK.
  • mike_littlerock
    mike_littlerock Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    They must have secret labs where they TRY to cram in extra calories. I dont eat fast food except rare occasions now. i do not get that many cheat meals and hate to waste one on that, when I can have something much tastier. I have been on business trips where the only thing open when my red-eye lands is fast food, and the calorie counts just blow me away.
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Knowledge is power!!!

Even knowing all this, after nearly three years I will still pull this kind of thing from time to time. Logging is always such a reality check!!

Tomorrow will be a better day.
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    So this morning on our way to drop me off at work, my boyfriend realized we were early and decided that we "deserved" a treat in the form of a Burger King breakfast. OMG!!! Once I got to my computer and got it logged in on here I realized that I had consumed almost my entire day's worth of calories. I knew it was bad, but I didn't realize it was THAT bad! There were times (pre-MPF) that I would have a BK breakfast, then go back for a burger & fries for lunch, two or three times a week! To make matters worse, as good as it tasted, it was sooo not worth it, cause now my tummy's feeling a little funky. So I had Diet Pepsi for lunch, and I'm guessing celery sticks for dinner. Ok, deep breath, tomorrow's another day.

Don't restrict dinner to punish yourself -- make good choices moving forward but don't over stress it.
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options

Everybody here has given you wonderful advice, so no need for me to parrot them. Whatever you do, don't go back and look at the sodium #s; you may've consumed 2-3 days worth! (Been there, done that) Keep your head up, onward and upward! (except for weight, you want that downward, yes?)
  • sarahisme18
    sarahisme18 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Why not go out for a nice walk and then have a salad instead of starving =)

:happy:
  • angiechimpanzee
    angiechimpanzee Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Don't feel bad, fast food places are SO deceiving, and it wouldn't even be so bad if the portion sizes weren't so freaking huge.
    Many IHOP breakfasts pack 1000 to 1,500. For breakfast alone?! They're truly trying to kill us.

Anyway, I second whoever said do the exercise video. That could earn you like 200 calories, then you could have something light but filling like grilled chicken & broccoli for dinner.
  • prairiedawg2014
    Options
    thats the attitude!! tomorrow is another day! we all do this from time to time. bur it really does make us stop and think about how many cals we were eating when we ate at fast food places huh? it explains why we are here lol
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    What on earth did you eat for breakfast that was 2000 calories and you can only eat something made of water with no nutritional value for dinner? And the diet Pepsi makes this whole "correct the situation" solution worse.. idgi