New here. Need some basics..

Options
how to get started on what to eat and be able to loose 2 lbs a week. i dont have a lot of time to excersise but need to watch what i am eating. im not a big cooker eaither so quick, simple ideas to get me moving would be great, thanks :wink:

Replies

• EatClenTrenHard
    EatClenTrenHard Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    you don't look like you need to lose 2lbs/week. You will be unnecessarily making yourself hungry.

Winter just starts now, long way till summer. Take it slower
  • DL21Smith
    DL21Smith Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    one of the things that helped me out a lot was a free app on my phone for Spark People. You can also use their website. It gives great recipes with TONS of reviews from others to let you know if it's good or not..lol I use the app all of the time! Try it out if you haven't already :)
  • DL21Smith
    DL21Smith Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    The app is called Healthy Recipes - Spark People
  • KristieWat
    Options
    I have been using the free app for my iPad and it is great! Take a look at my food diary for more ideas.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Instead of deciding that you are going to lose 2 lbs a week (which is not easy to do unless you have a huge amount to lose) do some math and figure out what your BMR is and what your TDEE is (lots of online calculators if you Google). Then set a daily calorie budget that is above your BMR and below your TDEE. It's a more realistic approach.

For food, eat what you want as long as it stays in your budget.
  • lynnette26
    Options
    Basics: Only buy Healthy food (don't have junk food in your house)
    Always measure/ weigh your food
    300cal on breakfast (
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    1000 cal deficit for 2lb/week loss. But that's a rather aggressive target. You don't look obese.
  • Maurice1966
    Maurice1966 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    make friends with like minded people with open diaries for ideas.
  • lynnette26
    Options
    Basics:
    Only buy Healthy food (don't have junk food in your house)
    Always measure/ weigh your food
    300cal on breakfast eg (1 cup high fibre cereal + low fat milk/ eggs + whole grain bread)
    200-300cal on lunch (1-2 cups raw veg and salads + 100g chicken/fish, or salad and meat wraps)
    200cal on snacks (100g yohurt + 1/2 fibre toppers/ 1 piece fruit/ 4 high fibre crackers + hommus/cheese/avocado)
    500cal on dinner (2 cups steamed veg + 150g meat (baked or grilled) 1/2 cup pasta/rice) add sauces/ spice etc
    This will put you in around 1,300cal, this is what I'm on at the moment but I'm not strict with it and add tea and coffee on top- but I put in 1 hour cadio per day.