Slightly OT... stretch marks?

Options
Soooooo, have any of you guys had success treating your stretch marks? I am not asking to make them completely vanish... I just want to improve their texture. I hate how they feel more than how they look! I've been thinking about getting a derma roller, which seems to have pretty good results for what they are (torture devices lol)

Replies

• Shanleyloffer
    Options
    I don't have any ideas. But, Iwant to follow for my own knowledge.
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    Stretch marks are deep tears in the dermis, and can't be repaired with topical solutions or quick fixes. They take time to heal by theirselves. Keeping your skin moisturised can help with the appearence, though. Mine are getting much better since losing weight too.
  • lynnacuff
    Options
    geez..i think you can drive from florida to minnesota on mine...lol
  • SarahCW1979
    SarahCW1979 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Ive only ever seen derma-rollers used for acne scarring, will be interesting to see if it could work with stretchmarks (they're scars afterall right?) If you do try it keep us posted!
  • kellehbeans
    kellehbeans Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Definitely can't get rid of them. You can, however, reduce the appearance. There are a lot of things out there that claim to 'get rid of and reduce the appearance of stretch marks', but they are rather pricey, such as Bio Oil, which, by the way, is in a stupidly small bottle.

I have found the best is cocoa butter. It smells gorgeous and it does wonders. Keeping your body moisturized is good for them, and losing weight is too. But I will always stick firm by cocoa butter. :) It's not too expensive, and it lasts much longer than bio oil!
  • Jessi_Brooks
    Jessi_Brooks Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    I use a dermaroller and I love it :)