whens best to weigh your self?

Options
Just wondered what people did.
I figured id weigh my self once a week in a morning same time every week. But know some weigh them selves every other day.
Whats ur personal preference and do you measure too?

Look forward to seeing what people do :)

Replies

• francesiax
    Options
    I weigh myself every Friday morning. I don't measure myself though but I think I should start as it would be nice to know if I'm losing any inches as I haven't lost for a bit.
  • Michaelsdin
    Options
    i dont weigh myself cause i can't find a scale that will weigh me lol, so i go by my belt notches/cloths fitting...so just about everyday maybe even 2times a day! lol
  • LMick1986
    Options
    I'm always weighing myself. Haha! I do it several times throughout the day. Not sure why. But man, does weight fluctuate a lot throughout the day! For my official weigh-ins, I do it in the morning, before a meal, after going pee, naked. I don't have a set day. I just log what is lost when it's lost. If I go back up a pound or so...ehhh...I'll weigh in again another day.
  • Ainar
    Ainar Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I weight myself like once in a week or something. I don't think there is any point of weighting yourself more often than once in a week, or two. You could weight yourself every day if you want but fat loss would not be that noticeable. I mean, you can lose like 0.2 - 1 kilograms in a week. So what's the point of checking every 100 grams lost every day. Most of that would be water and food in your system anyways. So if you do that you might even gain like a half of kilo for a day and then lose like 600 grams next day, hehehe. And your actual fat loss would be somewhere in there but you would not know where... is it between water weight and food weight... or maybe it's hiding right under the closing weight? Ya know what I'm sayin'? Hehe.

For the most accurate results you should prolly weight at mornings when you are dehydrated after not drinking whole night, after you take toilet and before you drink or ate anything. And naked cos closing can add quite of a wight. Also, if you use digital scale, the best is to use it in same room temperature cos weight they shows may sometimes vary depending on room temperature. And of course use the same scale. That's if you want to be accurate as possible and weight very often...
  • llaurenmarie
    llaurenmarie Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Naked.
  • goonas
    goonas Posts: 205
    Options
    Weight myself every morning after getting up for a pee (more for curiosity - and to see if there is a pattern in maybe what I did the day before).
    But only log twice a week (Mondays and Fridays)
    Friday mornings is also measurement day, just across chest, around the belly button and around my hips.
  • Cazmummyof2
    Options
    So interesting to see!!
    Im doing the once a week business as i like a surprise :)
    But going to start measuring soon also :)
  • MissySho
    MissySho Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday in the morning, before eating or drinking anything. I log my weight every Wednesday. I just like to motivation the scale gives me. I also measure monthly. And I take pictures monthly too. Sometimes the numbers are great but actually seeing it in my body image is even better.
  • mulderpf
    mulderpf Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once a day just after getting up in the morning. I only log Mondays on here, but I log daily in an Android app called Libra which helps me track my weight trend (the trend is based on your weight from the last 7 days and quite accurately predict whether you are still losing weight or gaining weight, so it's good to weigh daily to get a more accurate picture). That way, even though I might go up or down, I just make sure my trend is still going down and I'm happy.

When I started MFP, I weighed and log every day, but I really wish I didn't. For me, the best would have been if I weighed daily, but logged weekly. It's easier to spot success then.
  • oklanoue
    Options
    I have tried to figure this question out myself...I have been experimenting. I found that if I weigh myself in the middle of the night like when I get up to go to the bathroom(1-3 AM) I may weigh 2 pounds lighter than if I weigh myself 4 hours later...not sure why but thought it was interesting...I usually use the weigh in I do on Thursday morning before I get ready for work and then I do measurements Sunday evening...for a balance...LOL not sure if it is right but that is what I am currently doing...
  • animatorswearbras
    animatorswearbras Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I weigh my self every morning, after the loo, in my smalls ;P (sometimes in the evening too as the scales are in my bathroom and I can't help it) but only log every Friday morning, whether it's up or down, to give myself a more consistent overview of my loss, tis very tempting to log a loss if it's earlier in the week though, but I figure if it stays off till Friday then it's official. :) I also do full body measurements Friday morning too.
  • Kimjanebrooks
    Kimjanebrooks Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh myself about 3 or 4 times a day and then get frustrated with the natural daily up and downs! I now weigh myself once every 4 weeks as soon as I wake up on the same day. I figure that (to my mind anyway) whatever the loss it will appear greater to my mind if it is over 4 weeks!! 1lb a week doesn't sounds like much but 4lb in a month sounds much better to me!! lol, but that's just me!
  • osualex
    osualex Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I do it every morning, naked, after I use the bathroom. I know some people think it's bad to weigh every day, and if you obsess about every little gain, it might be. But I know the difference between water weight and fat loss, so it doesn't really bother me. Weigh however often is best for you, but it is best to do it in the morning before you have food in your stomach adding weight.
  • Cazmummyof2
    Options
    I used to weigh myself about 3 or 4 times a day and then get frustrated with the natural daily up and downs! I now weigh myself once every 4 weeks as soon as I wake up on the same day. I figure that (to my mind anyway) whatever the loss it will appear greater to my mind if it is over 4 weeks!! 1lb a week doesn't sounds like much but 4lb in a month sounds much better to me!! lol, but that's just me!

I couldnt wait 4 weeks! it would kill me lol!! wtg on the will power!
  • kandilynn03
    kandilynn03 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself several times throughout the day, because I'm obsessive like that. (My husband weighs himself before and after a poop, lol!) My official daily weight, I take as soon as I wake up and pee. I am usually wearing a tshirt. I don't log it in to MFP until I get the same weight (or lower) twice in a row. And then I log the highest one.

I did my beginning measurements yesterday. I plan on only measuring once a month around the first.
  • Kimjanebrooks
    Kimjanebrooks Posts: 253 Member
    Options

I couldnt wait 4 weeks! it would kill me lol!! wtg on the will power!

Lol, I am a very optimistic person and couldn't stand the slow weight loss. Every time I got on the scales I would expect to have lost at least 4lbs and felt deflated and down so now I don't weigh very often. It has worked for me :)
  • LindseySprake
    LindseySprake Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a week, first thing in the morning after I use the bathroom & naked.
  • bufger
    bufger Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Sunday mornings after a wee before eating and naked

I try not to 'peek' during the week at all. If i know i'll be elsewhere during my sunday weigh in time i'll do it on the saturday at the same time.
  • STEELMAN47
    Options
    weigh daily as soon as out of bed ,
    measure weekly belly only
  • CarlaC78
    Options
    Wednesday and Sunday mornings soon as I have been to the bathroom !