ENGAGED!! Goal-Loose 70 lbs (10months) FRIENDS PLEASE??

Options

Replies

• ixtchell
    ixtchell Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi!

Im engaged toooo. My goal is to drop 40 pounds.. I got 30 to go!!!! Ill add you :)
  • namluv
    namluv Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I have one add-in for this topic; I have a cousin who was rather overweight and hit the weights HARD for the 6 months prior to her wedding - she didn't lose more than 25 lb overall but you could have sworn it was 50! Don't fear the muscle - the muscle is your weight-loss buddy!!
  • MzzNkki
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I want to lose 70 lbs for my wedding too (13 down so far)...I have until Fall 2014 but want to be at goal by September 2013.

Thats great!! My Fiance is hoping for a September wedding although i would like Fall of 2014 a bit better. So currently my goal is to loose 70 by sept 2013 as well ... but since hes pushing for sept wedding ... with any luck they come off quicker :-)
  • amyoliver85
    amyoliver85 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Ladies! When I got engaged I thought the same thing as many of you: lose WEIGHT. Don't focus on the number on the scale. Focus on working out--weights and lots and lots of cardio. The way you WEIGH is not the way you LOOK on your wedding day.

Just to give you some background. I weighed 198 when I got engaged. I had 8 months to lose the weight. My goal was to lose 65 lbs so I could fit into the dress I wanted and look stunning. I missed my goal weight by more than 20 lbs. But guess what? I had to have my dress taken in TWICE. The first time was for my bridals. I got down to 156 before my bridals and had the dress taken in. That was one month before my wedding. The week before my wedding, I was down to only 154 and had to call the seamstress for an emergency take-in. TWO SIZES. So I lost TWO POUNDS but TWO DRESS SIZES in one month.

If you focus on the weight you will never be happy with what you see in the mirror. Focus on getting healthy and getting the body you want. Ignore the scale. Set a dress size goal...a REALISTIC one...and work towards that!
  • MrsScheidt
    MrsScheidt Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I am also engaged and I'm looking to lose at least 30-40 lbs before my April 2013 wedding. Feel free to add me!!
  • mmmurphy585
    mmmurphy585 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Not engaged, but looking to get back to the weight I was when I was engaged. I guess married life has been treating me too well. lol. Add me if you want.
  • rubixcyoob
    Options
    I'm getting married on 5th July 2014 (the different ways people put dates in the US from UK confuses me)!

Looking to lose around 17lbs more than I have, and tone up.

Anyone feel free to add me!
  • LynnieG85
    LynnieG85 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I'm not engaged and I don't have a boyfriend....

But you can feel free to add me as I'm still logging daily and I like the mutual support on MFP haha

Oh - and Congratulations on your engagement!
  • MzzNkki
    Options
    I WAS engaged.. and planning for a wedding March 23rd... but since that didn't work out I'm now losng weight/toning up (I had a baby at the end of May) as a birthday gift to myself (end of March). :-)

Congrats on your engagement.. you can do it!

Well congrats on your baby .. thats even better ... and the engagement was motivation in diguise for the both of us... and just for giggles ... when you ex fiance sees the new & improved you hes gonna be wishing he wasnt missing out ;-) lol
  • Faericn_Rising
    Options
    Losing 70 - 100 lbs by October 5 of next year. :-) 30 down... add me if you want.
  • MzzNkki
    Options
    Congratualtion.. you can do it.. I have found joining a 30 day challenge has helped me stay focus...

Yes that will for sure help me stay motivated to have a short term mini goal .. thank you!! Accepted your friend request
  • deemommiii
    Options
    Happily married with six kids, but you can add me anyway :)

Congrats!
  • MzzNkki
    Options
    Congratulations on your engagement! And for making the choice to join MFP :) I am not engaged, but I have been married for 23 years. I'll be happy to offer you support and encouragement as you get ready for your day. I'll add you....

23 years!! Congrats to you!! Hoping my marriage will survive the trails and tribulations im sure are to come. Thanks for your support Ill support your weight loss goals in return.
  • FreedomReigns
    FreedomReigns Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Happily married with four kids and looking for more supportive friends .... please add me if you would like :)
  • tidesong
    tidesong Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I'm not engaged (yet!!) but hope I can be of help!
  • horsessrb
    horsessrb Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the engagement! My BF just proposed too.

We haven't set a date yet, but it's time to get into gear. Please add me too :-)
  • Anthemyst
    Anthemyst Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Congrats, and good luck! I lost 30lbs during my 9 month engagement; it wasn't as much as I originally hoped, but people definitely noticed!
  • JPZ98
    JPZ98 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the engagement!! You can so reach your goal. Sending you a friend request.
  • sunshinefrei
    Options
    You can add me as friend would love to have you on my support team on this journey. I have open diary and post the good and bad days and post what I have learned from the bad ones and options for changing my choices that I have made!
    Have a great day!
    Cheri
  • MzzNkki
    Options
    I received such a huge response to this totally unexpected looking forward to this journey !!! Thanks all who replied and support shown!!