Ladies under 5'5" who eat over 1700 cals?

Options
Hey fitnesspals!

I feel like I eat too much sometimes. I am 5'1" and am following fat 2 fit guidelines, to eat over 1800 calories a day. I was just wondering if anyone else has similar goals. I would love to compare notes and see how it is working for you. :)

Replies

• katcunock
    katcunock Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    i don't follow fat to fit, but

i am 5'4 and eat between 1750 and 2000 cals a day

as far as i am concerned, this is a sustainable way for me to lose weight. it might be slower - a pound or less a week - but it's a lifestyle change, not a diet, so it's something i can do for the rest of my life.

i also consider it really important for my body to have the right fuel to exercise. i'd rather be fit than thin.
  • jealous_loser
    Options
    I am 5'1" too and I aim for 1700-1900 calories a day because that's usually how much I want. I have done up the calculators and they seem to agree with that.
  • enewsome2
    enewsome2 Posts: 355 Member
    Options

as far as i am concerned, this is a sustainable way for me to lose weight. it might be slower - a pound or less a week - but it's a lifestyle change, not a diet, so it's something i can do for the rest of my life.

i also consider it really important for my body to have the right fuel to exercise. i'd rather be fit than thin.

Nice! I can't believe I've never "stalked" your diary before. I suppose we are "new" friends. I will have to follow you more closely.
  • katcunock
    Options

Nice! I can't believe I've never "stalked" your diary before. I suppose we are "new" friends. I will have to follow you more closely.

stalk away ;) at the moment i'm really trying to get my protein and complex carb intakes up, as i am in training for an endurance event in may.
  • enewsome2
    Options

stalk away ;) at the moment i'm really trying to get my protein and complex carb intakes up, as i am in training for an endurance event in may.

I will do that. I eat a lot of complex (and non complex) carbs, and I really need protein inspiration! I want to build muscle more than anything, really. :)
  • Im4gin3th4t
    Im4gin3th4t Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi :) I am 5'4 and 126. I regularly eat about 2000 calories a day (my diary isn't always updated, but is open!) and I've slowly lost about 10 pounds and keep losing! It is def about a lifestyle change and not restricting your body to calorie intake you can't continue for the rest of your life! Keep it up :)
  • katcunock
    Options
    and the best thing is, lifestyle change works! I started last december and have since lost 45lbs, aiming to lose 50 before the year is out.

then, another 42 the year after

then another 28 the year after that

then we'll see ;)
  • enewsome2
    Options
    and the best thing is, lifestyle change works! I started last december and have since lost 45lbs, aiming to lose 50 before the year is out.

then we'll see ;)

Mfp seriously needs a like button.
  • gingerveg
    gingerveg Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    I'm curious how old everyone is and if you are losing or maintaining. I'm 39 and have a feeling I'd get bigger if I went over 1500 but I'm working on finding out. OP, I'm not currently eating a large amount of calories, but i'm 5'4" and I've recently upped mine to see how high I can go. I'm doing this slowly though. Right now I'm a little above 1300 and will stay here for at least another month to see what happens. If all goes well at 1300 I'll up in 100 calorie increments. I just can't afford to go way up and possibly gain weight.
  • enewsome2
    Options
    I'm curious how old everyone is and if you are losing or maintaining. I'm 39 and have a feeling I'd get bigger if I went over 1500 but I'm working on finding out. OP, I'm not currently eating a large amount of calories, but i'm 5'4" and I've recently upped mine to see how high I can go. I'm doing this slowly though. Right now I'm a little above 1300 and will stay here for at least another month to see what happens. If all goes well at 1300 I'll up in 100 calorie increments. I just can't afford to go way up and possibly gain weight.

25 & losing.
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I'm just under 5'5" and averaging about 1750 net per day right now. It's not unusual for me to eat under 1700, but it's also not unusual for me to eat much more. I'm maintaining/gaining, tho.
  • Dee_84
    Dee_84 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4'', 28 years young and aim for about 1840 calories a day.

MFP set me up for 1460 calories and eating back exercise calories and I kept losing 0.5-1 lb a week. But after about 12 pounds the weight loss stalled.
    I took a break when I travelled to Germany for 5 weeks in September and noticed that I ate a lot more and only gained 2 lb.

So once back in the States, I calculated my TDEE - 15% and eat this every day but not my exercise calories back. Works sooo much better for me!

I have lost 3 pounds in the month I've been doing this.
  • danae16
    danae16 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I just started eating more. I did the TDEE calculations and am aiming for about 1800 calories per day. On my intense workout days I plan to eat back about 200 of the calories. MFP had me eating at 1200 calories a day and I was starving and kept cheating. :) I'm hoping that sticking to this calorie level, adding some heavy lifting and logging everything will help to to lose fat and tone up. I'm 5'4'' and 29 years old. I currently weigh about 150 and would love to lose about 20 lbs, but I would rather tone up than lose weight. If you want to add me as a friend I'd love to keep up with what you ladies are eating. :happy:
  • basslinewild
    basslinewild Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I'm just under 5'5" and eat almost 2000 cals a day.
  • SillyFitMe
    SillyFitMe Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm a 38 year old female, 5'8" and 128 lbs. I am still the same weight I was at 25 however I find if I consistently go over 1300 calories (even with exercise) I start to put on weight. To maintain or loose, my goal is to eat clean --1200 cals a day/5 days a week AND exercise (P90X 3-5 times a week). On the weekends I like to have my wine, candy, and steaks! My goal is to be very fit with muscle though not just trim down so I think it really depends on what your ultimate goals are.
  • Colleen118
    Colleen118 Posts: 491 Member
    Options

then we'll see ;)

Mfp seriously needs a like button.

I have posted a topic about this for them to add a "Hi 5" or something.... I keep hoping!
  • foreverjade
    foreverjade Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3" and I eat probably at least 1700, and probably up to 2500 some days. I have lost 10 pounds in the last 4/5 months, completely not watching my calorie intake. I stopped keeping the MFP food diary sometime last year, but trust me, you would not want to creep my food choices.
  • quiltlady77
    quiltlady77 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Yes I'm 5.1 1/2 and I will be 72 in January. I just started MFP a few days ago and had been on sharecare for several years. Both places put me on 1200/1250 calories a day. When I first started about 2 yrs ago I lost about 1/2 lb a wk but this last yr have not lost any more. I have been on a plateau for a long time. I go to the gym and exercise at least 3 times a wk and sometimes use the treadmill at home. I like to swim at the gym too but lately haven't had the time. If I ate 1700 calories or more I would really weigh a lot! Someplace else, don't remember where, said I should eat 1667 calories a day just to maintain. I am hypothyroid but on medication.
  • Rubyayn
    Rubyayn Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    5'4" and 138 lbs. Recently increased to 2100, cut cardio and bit and am losing again. WIN!
  • Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Jennifer_Lynn_1982 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Great post! I'm 5'5" and 141.8 pounds and currently eating 1500 calories per day working out 3 days per week plus walks. MFP set me up with 1230 calories plus my exercise calories but I was starting to feel hungry so I upped my calories as I'm getting closer to my goal :)