I need to lose 6 pounds in 3 weeks.....

Options
I would love to lose 6 pounds in the next 3 weeks. My boyfriends birthday is at the end of November and I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to be down these 6 pounds by then. With Thanksgiving coming up though Im sweating this challenge.

Any tips or ideas?

Any good cleanses or anything I could try?

Replies

• LesleeBeAlive
    Options
    Running and eating healthy. 6lbs in 3 weeks is VERY manageable.
  • Candysland2013
    Options
    Walk a lot ... It can come off easily
  • DawnEH612
    DawnEH612 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    You may loose 6 pounds in 3 weeks but it wont all be fat and i expect once you resume your normal eating and workout habits you will put some of it back on... Try to make weight loss part of a healthy lifestyle not a goal for some life event.. That way you wont be scrambling to loose those pounds, at the last minute. Good luck.
  • EnuffaMyButt
    EnuffaMyButt Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    paleo - easy and you'd lose more by then. I just lost 10.5lbs in 2 weeks. I only have 15lbs. more to go.
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    yes
  • ketoonboard
    Options
    Try keto! You'll have a lot of success if you stick to it for three weeks.

Here's a doc with what it's basically all about: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7HUzyxEtLv5QWYzekZIVmZYU28/edit?pli=1

And be sure to check out www.reddit.com/r/keto for a lot of testimonials and recipe ideas. It's a much better way to go than a cleanse.

Good luck!
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Apart from eating healthy and exercising, I don't think there is anything extra you should do.

According to your ticker, you have only about 16 pounds left to lose. you are wanting to lose almost half that in a short time. I would caution strongly against stealing those pounds lost by using a cleanse - it's not a permanent thing, and the weight lost doesn't portray your body as it would be 6 pounds lighter... it just shows you what your body does when it's in crisis mode.

Get rich quick, get poor quick. Build your wealth, and you're more inclined to work hard to preserve it.

Cherish each pound you lose through lifestyle changes, and if you're down the 6 by the birthday, great. If you're not... don a sexy negligee or greet him naked and I can guarantee he won't even care.
  • nbooher29
    nbooher29 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Apart from eating healthy and exercising, I don't think there is anything extra you should do.

According to your ticker, you have only about 16 pounds left to lose. you are wanting to lose almost half that in a short time. I would caution strongly against stealing those pounds lost by using a cleanse - it's not a permanent thing, and the weight lost doesn't portray your body as it would be 6 pounds lighter... it just shows you what your body does when it's in crisis mode.

Get rich quick, get poor quick. Build your wealth, and you're more inclined to work hard to preserve it.

Cherish each pound you lose through lifestyle changes, and if you're down the 6 by the birthday, great. If you're not... don a sexy negligee or greet him naked and I can guarantee he won't even care.

Ha ha ha ha so true~He wont!!

I just thought if I were to make shorter goals and for something that I REALLY REALLY wanted to lose for that it might be easier. I am doing really good- I think my body might just be getting use to the same ole things that I am eating and the same workout routines that I am doing. Maybe I should try switching it up.......

I just thought the cleanse would help out a little. It seems Im at a little bit of a stopping point right now. Im doing the same things, it just isnt coming off as quick as it was.

I technically want to lose more than 16 but once I lose this 16 I will be more than greatful for that. Ive lost a total of 33 pounds since March- just 14 with MFP.

Thanks for the advice!! :)
  • nbooher29
    nbooher29 Posts: 14 Member
    Options

Man I suck at running- I wish I could enjoy it but I cant ever get into a good rythm. I need to just start making myself!
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    That would be 2 pounds a week. A healthy amount.
  • christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Intermittent fasting........
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    move more, eat less
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    I would love to lose 6 pounds in the next 3 weeks. My boyfriends birthday is at the end of November and I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to be down these 6 pounds by then. With Thanksgiving coming up though Im sweating this challenge.

Any tips or ideas?

Any good cleanses or anything I could try?

It really depends. It's certain achievable but everyone is different.

Too many changes at once can be hard on some people. I've always eaten healthy so it easy for me to simply eat less. Eating at a calorie deficit is hard on people; even a small deficit puts your body in a state of flux with hormones and such. Everyone is different. Some people can handle a deeper calorie deficit than others, this is not right or wrong, it just is. Stress in your life affects your hunger hormones; lack of sleep, fatigue, job stress, family stress, financial stress, etc. Add in emotional eating issues and it gets even more complicated. Most people can only handle so much change/stress at once, they try to do too much and fail. Sometimes it might be a better strategy to eat at maintenance and make some small changes first, it really depends on how much stress you are taking in at the moment.

Your body loses weight in chunks, not linear. I have found that you can do everything right and your weight loss seems to plateau but if you are patient and keep exercising and eating at a deficit (however slight) you will lose it, it will suddenly "whoosh". There are so many variables for the scale; water retention, digestion, hormones, allergies, sodium, carbs, water intake, DOMS, inflammation, the list goes on. People mistakenly think they lose or gain weight when they eat more or less because of these fluctuations.

Losing weight requires tremendous patience. You will not lose it when you want it or where you want it. The body does its thing. Some apparent plateaus can last a month or so. You cannot make it happen faster. You must focus on two things; calories and exercise. Nothing else matters. Scales and metrics don't matter. The day in and day out grind of exercise and calories are all that matters. It is not very exciting until things fall into place. You get your victories and you ride one victory to the next.

The scale is a trend tool. The scale is good but put it away and only check once a week and only use it as a trend tool. It will fluctuate, it does not matter. Take front side and back progress pictures at least once a month. You will see differences that the metrics won't tell you and it's that little bit of NSV that will keep you going until the next victory.

To find the exact calories needed for YOU to be in a healthy sustainable calorie deficit is the right answer. Wait, if you need to adjust by 100 do it, wait, adjust, wait, adjust, wait. The tortoise wins this race.

All that matters is calories. A healthy balanced diet within a calorie budget for a deficit that is right for YOU is all that matters for weight loss. Don't make it complicated.

Exercise is for making your lean body mass pretty (especially lifting weights) for when the fat is gone. Losing fat with no muscle is ugly and cardio alone will not make you pretty. You cannot out exercise too many calories.
  • LesleeBeAlive
    Options

Man I suck at running- I wish I could enjoy it but I cant ever get into a good rythm. I need to just start making myself!

Have you tried C25K?
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Sure. But since you've given yourself a very short window in which to get results, instead of focusing on the scale (which sets you up for disappointment if you don't reach your goal weight), why not use these three weeks to eat nutritious food, exercise often, and just do your best? You'll feel good about yourself no matter how much weight you lose from it. Most people won't have visible changes within three weeks of work, that doesn't mean the work itself isn't important!
  • dropdeadgreggie
    Options
    tumblr_m7853eiHhO1qery84.jpg
  • NataBost
    NataBost Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Sure. But since you've given yourself a very short window in which to get results, instead of focusing on the scale (which sets you up for disappointment if you don't reach your goal weight), why not use these three weeks to eat nutritious food, exercise often, and just do your best? You'll feel good about yourself no matter how much weight you lose from it. Most people won't have visible changes within three weeks of work, that doesn't mean the work itself isn't important!

This. I was going to say something similar. Focus on improving a few habits.
  • darlingkaya
    Options
    Well... im supposed to be able to lose 9.5lbs before dec. 11th by eating 1200 calories a day... so just input your goals into myfitnesspal and find out how much you can eat to lose the weight :D
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Also, if your ticker is accurate, you have about 15lbs to lose, so you will probably not be seeing 2lb/week losses
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Try keto! You'll have a lot of success if you stick to it for three weeks.

Here's a doc with what it's basically all about: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7HUzyxEtLv5QWYzekZIVmZYU28/edit?pli=1

And be sure to check out www.reddit.com/r/keto for a lot of testimonials and recipe ideas. It's a much better way to go than a cleanse.

Good luck!

WTF I know Atkins when i see it