Before/During/Almost Afters; ~90lbs lost

Options
pikanchi
pikanchi Posts: 72 Member
I can't say for sure how much I've lost in total, as I resolutely stayed away from scales when I was at my heaviest. I can, however, guess, based on my then clothing size and my first recorded weight after I began to lose. My weight gain started as a mixture of simple not eating the right foods and not doing enough (any) exercise, but it really came to a head when in my third year of uni, I lived with someone who was monumentally awful for me emotionally and mentally, and as a result, I turned to food for comfort. It didn't help where he fat shamed as well -- "joking" -- but he'd make comments about how fat people ought to be rounded up and this and that, and instead of spurring me on to do anything about my size, it simply made me feel ashamed to do anything.

Anyway! My before photos are from July 2011, from my graduation from uni. I think I was a little down from my heaviest, but still pretty close to it.

I currently weigh about 125lbs and I'm not quite where I'd like to be. My UGW is 105lbs, but if I reach a point where I'm totally happy with my body before that, then that's where I'll stop! I would weigh slightly less, but I've had to take a month or so off of running recently due to an injury, and it's only been over the last couple of days that I've been able to start running again. I can say with absolutely certainty that there is no-one, not even myself, who'd have thought a year ago that I'd be a keen runner by now!

before
AAJbI.jpghHTQb.jpg

during (I believe I was between 140lbs and 130lbs)
Tunqh.jpgwztSF.jpg

almost afters
IOrGz.jpg
(taken just the other day in a hostel in London. I was marvelling at the fact that a good 80% of my wardrobe now comes from Topshop, and also, I suppose, that I now have the confidence to wear on trend clothing! Let us ignore the stupid expression...)

UJjhj.jpg
(I'd just been out for an evening run in the rain! A couple of days ago, post-injury.)

Replies

• newvegangoddess
    newvegangoddess Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    wow! well done! You're a role model! :)

congratulations! :)
  • reshapinrose
    Options
    Wow!!! awesome work!!! You look great.
  • kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Amazing work! Strut it girl. Love the pink giraffe sweater
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    Wow girl!!!! Such an amazing transformation! So sorry you went through the mental and emotional abuse :( You are a strong person! Keep doing what you're doing because you look amazing!! :)
  • bsuew
    bsuew Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    wow! you have done an amazing job!! Be proud of your accomplishment!!!
  • perezke91
    perezke91 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    You look great! You don't need to lose 20 more at all!
  • SimonIsChanging
    SimonIsChanging Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Awesome progress! Well done.x
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    wow you look awesome!! Good job!!
  • Tebbspcad
    Options
    Congratulations on your huge loss - you look amazing!

Loved the Leeds Uni pic - it brings back many memories :)
  • sabz
    sabz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    congratulations you look amazing....please can you tell me how you managed to start running as at moment i cannot run to save my life and really want to get into it. thanks
  • pikanchi
    Options
    Thank you so much, everyone :)

And @Sabz -- I downloaded a C25K app for my iPhone, and there's a fairly quiet, rural track just by my house that equates to 5K there and back, so all I did was follow the programme! And as my running improved, I found that I really, really enjoyed running and the satisfaction you get from a decent run. I used to go to the gym, but it really can't compare to running a good route outside IMO.
  • sabz
    sabz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    might give it a go....im too embarrassed to run outside and at the gym i get so bored running or attempting to run on the treadmill.
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    SO Awesome...you don't even look like the same person...BTW...Cute Style...:heart:
  • pikanchi
    Options
    @Sabz -- I say try it! I honestly thought I hated running until I really gave it a shot. I can totally understand your aversion to treadmills though, as they are fairly boring. I only use them when the weather's awful, or for the training plan one of the guys at the gym set up for me. I think the most important thing to remember about running outside is that most people aren't runners, and even if you're not running continuously, the fact that you're out there doing it means you're a step ahead of everyone else.

@SexyLovinmeCook -- Seriously! It wasn't until I looked at my befores that I realised how far I've really come. I still tend to 'see' myself at that weight, but it'll take a while to get over it, I guess! And thank you :)
  • hope8311
    hope8311 Posts: 166
    Options
    You have so much more confidence....I just love that...ONe day I hope that Iwill post my success story on this site like you did....I am not a fan of running...But there are times that I hear a great song on my ipod and for some reason just start running weird guess the emotions.....But is that all you did, run? A year of running and eating healthy got you that small?
  • pikanchi
    Options
    I'm sure you will! And essentially speaking; I started off doing various exercises at the gym -- rowing machine, elliptical and so on, but I eventually made the change to running, and the rest of it has just been eating healthily.
  • Lillyeatslilies
    Options
    AMAZING!!
  • JuicyKey31
    Options
    AWESOME JOB! I need to loose just as much weight and reading this and seeing your results are just Amazing to me! Thanks for sharing! You ROCK!
  • llmcconnell
    llmcconnell Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!! congratulations! How tall are you?
  • kimad
    kimad Posts: 3,010 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic, you are an inspiration!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!