Ladies 5' 9" - What's your goal weight?

Options

Replies

• lrob100
    lrob100 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    My goal is set to 150, because that is mid-way in the healthy weight range for us 5'9" girls (129 - 169). But I may try to get to 145. I will see how I feel at 150. 29 more lbs to get there... Congrats to all of you who have met your goals or are getting closer every day!
  • jeanie_143
    Options
    I don't know about this whole BMI thing....I'm 5'10" and I'm going to AIM for 160 - I'm not as young as I used to be (heck, none of us are) but if I can get there...I would be sooo happy! Just getting started here and I know it's possible - FOR ALL OF US!! KOKO!!! We got this!
  • staceyGO
    staceyGO Posts: 376
    Options
    I choose 155... but who know when that'll happen!
  • Love_flowers
    Love_flowers Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"8.5 and I have adjusted my goal weight a couple of times.
    I only have 5kg left to my goal weight of 134.5lbs / 61kg.
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    http://www.healthchecksystems.com/heightweightchart.htm

Here's a height and weight chart. You'll see that 169 for 5'9" is actually just at the high end for that height. I'm 5'9" and when I hit 170 lbs I realized I needed to do something about it before it got out of hand. I'm at 150 now and don't really have a "goal weight." I told my friend when she asked that 140 would be great. However, if I'm hot at 160 with serious muscle mass, IDC. I want to be happy. I want to look good, I want to be healthy. That's where you should want to be, too. :)

139 is the lowest I would feel healthy at bc I do have a largish frame. But, I lift, run, do a l;ot of high intensity training and will probably always be too muscle-y to weigh much less than 145.
  • SteppyRohr
    SteppyRohr Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8" and chose my goal weight to be 160-165-ish. At that weight I am usually in a size10 or 12 and feel fit and healthy. In my early 20's I got down to 135 but found that very hard to maintain. Started MFP this January at 202 lbs and am currently at 188 lbs, still chugging along. Keep on keeping on everyone!
  • squishyjenn
    squishyjenn Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 1/2 and my bare minimum goal is 160, though I looked alright at 170-180. I'd like to see if I can get down to around 130-140 because I've never been that low, weight wise, but really my big plan is just to focus on toning and strength training after I hit 160.
  • slynnalex
    slynnalex Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9", CW 160, GW 150. I agree that you need to find a weight that is comfortable for you and that you can maintain; you are the best judge of this.
  • zannyzanzanzibar
    zannyzanzanzibar Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I'm 6ft & my original goal was 175 but now I'm at that weight I know I need to lose quite a bit more, so my new goal is 150. The lowest I've ever been is around 160 but I wasn't skinny then, so I know another 10lbs will be fine.

I agree with everyone else.. only you can decide what your "ideal" weight is! :)
  • MsTanyaG
    Options
    My ultimare goal is 165, but I'd be super happy seeing 175! :)
  • RF3377
    RF3377 Posts: 97
    Options
    5'9 here..I'm currently at 156.4 lbs, aiming to get to 154lbs. When I first started I aimed for 161lbs but once I got there I decided to go that bit lower.

I'm medium framed and pear shaped.
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I want 150, maybe 140. But I look great in 160 so it might be dmotivation for me.
  • lizapettit
    lizapettit Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 9" and looked awesome at 167, did a lot of weight training and swimming at that time so had an athletic build. I want to try for 145 to see, but i have a feeling I'll be happier around 155.
  • ilovemybuggy
    ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    165-170
  • ANJ96321
    Options
    i am 5'8" and a 1/2 my goal is 160 its a heathy weight for your height.
  • JewelsinBigD
    JewelsinBigD Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    5' 10" and would be thrilled at 200. I would be a sexy size 10 at that weight or maybe even an 8.
  • mizz_pris
    mizz_pris Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and my goal weight is 169.3lbs...and i as well think thats too low because i'm tall and i think its going to make me look like a freaking stick. I'm 66lbs away from that goal weight but I think i'm going to try 180lbs and see how i feel. I want some meat...MFP says my target goal should be between 125lbs to 169lbs...too low for me.
  • allisona28
    allisona28 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    5'8" and my goal weight is 135!! I want to fit back in my "skinny" jeans with a long sleeve shirt tucked in and be comfortable!! :tongue:
  • Baloostika
    Baloostika Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on your body frame and how much muscle you carry. I'm 5'8.5" and I look good at 190. When I get down to 180-170, I start to look a little sickly. I build muscle pretty quickly, so even though the number in the scale says one thing, my body looks another. My goal is to get down to a healthy weight/BMI. What the number will be will be determined by medical and visual factors...not necessarily the scale. I used the scale as a guage of my progress, not my success.
    This is so true.
    You spoke my mind.
    The last time I weighed 93kg some people said I looked sickly, for now my goal is to get to 85kg, am 94 right now and am not looking bad, no one is commenting, I guess they are used to the slim me now, will decide how many more kgs to lose when I see hoe I look.
    Am 5"8 with a big frame and I don't look like I weigh 94kg, am sure u know what I mean.
  • columbae86
    Options
    My doctor told me that 155 would be the weight to aim. But I know my weight fluctuates A LOT during one year so I will aim 148 to make sure I won't go over 155. We have heart diseases in the family and I want to lose weight while I'm young and it's easier to do it.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!