I Have To Make This Work

Options
I'm really new myfitnesspal but I see that this is a great way to track & log your diet or change of eating habits to loose weight so I'm here if you have any suggestions or advice and helpful strategies to help me obtain my weight loss goal of 20 pounds before January 2013. Please help! It's HOLIDAY time & I can not gain I have to loose. I have a trip planned for next year June to Jamaica. I want to loose at least 60 pounds by June and I know I can do it if I just keep to this & exercise daily! Exercise is not hard for me when I have the time to go do it! But no excuses I just have to make time to do it!

Replies

• Lillyeatslilies
    Options
    Feel free to FR me if you'd like! I need to lose about 70lbs by next June!
  • JuicyKey31
    Options
    OK! Thanks will do!:smile:
  • Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I know that you can reach your goals because you have the right attitude and the incetive of a trip to go on. I lost my wt. in 14 mos. I still have a ways to go, but I am going to work on it till I reach my goal. Please feel free to add me for support and motivation.
  • desiree7hanson
    desiree7hanson Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I agree with Smokey19, you have a great attitude! Honestly I have found that finding healthy foods that I love that satisfy me has been key to sticking to a healthy diet. My meals don't vary too much, but this has helped me stick to my calorie goal and lose an average of 2 lbs/week (12 lbs in 5 weeks so far). I don't exercise right now, as I wanted to get a good headstart on healthy eating first. So that just shows you how much diet really does affect weight (meaning even if you work out every day-if you still eat like crap, you won't make progress fast).

Just find some meals you love that are easy to make. One of my favorite meals is 1/3 liquid cup egg whites w/1/4 cup chopped spinach with 1/8-1/4 cup shredded mozzarella on a wheat english muffin. This meets 4 food groups and fills me up and is so tastey! But I love breakfast type food. I also do a lot of lowfat cottage cheese with canned fruit like no sugar added peaches or pinapple chunks with 7 multigrain wheat thins and .5-1 tbsp crunchy peanut butter to spread on the wheat thins. This is also 4 food groups and very filling. I try to get multiple food groups so it is more balanced and satisfying. This has been key. It might not seem like too much, but I promise your body will get used to it after a couple of weeks, and then if you try to eat more or eat less healthy, you will feel sick!

If I want to splurge, I get a veggie sub no mayo from Jimmy Johns and that's the full meal-no chips. I do eat out from time to time, but not without looking at the menu ahead of time, finding something I want, finding nutritional info and figuring out if I can eat the whole meal at one sitting, or if I should split it in half or thirds and eat the rest the next day. Usually have to split it, but honestly, if I tried to eat a full dinner size dish, I would be so overstuffed.

Probably more info that you wanted, but there ya go! Good Luck!!!